August 3, 1998
by Andrew Walgamott
- July 29: A 17-year-old Kirkland resident claims he was beaten and his pockets searched for coins by two black males and a white male near Boston Market. The victim, who said he passed out on the sidewalk afterwards and was awakened by a passerby, walked across town to AM/PM to call police. Aid crews transported him to a hospital. Police have no suspects, but are investigating.
- July 23/24: Unknown suspects cut the door lock on a trailer at a business in the 14300 block of N.E. 203rd St. taking a Gateway computer, a Sears/Craftsman lawn mower, tools and six co-axial cables. Loss was estimated at $1,050.
- July 30: A witness said she saw a 25ish Hispanic male enter a Starbucks in the 14000 block of N.E. 175th St. and place two or three coffee mugs in his pocket and walk out without paying. She described the suspect as 5-foot 9, 160 pounds with black hair, and wearing a pink short-sleave shirt and shorts.
- July 28/29: Someone climbed a wall to gain entry to the president's office of Northshore Cabinet Company.
- July 27: A resident in the 20200 block of 131st Pl. N.E. said she heard a bang at the front door of her house, investigated and found nothing, but the next morning discovered a window broken, presumably by what police term a "basic a medium-size rock."
- July 28/29: Two white front bumpers from International company trucks were stolen from a fenced and locked parking lot in the 15900 block of Wood-Red Rd., as well as two license plates. Loss was estimated at $630.
- July 27: Employees of Doug's Inboard Boats discovered two in-dash casette decks had been stolen from two Mastercrafts overnight. The boats were parked in a locked, fenced area. There were no obvious signs of entry.
- July 22: Police arrested a 26-year-old Bothell man for allegedly punching a 23-year-old Lynnwood man in the Target parking lot, causing him to bleed from the head. When the victim pulled into the lot, he heard several pops and saw a firecracker land on the hood of his car and explode. The suspect approached the victim, asking if he "had a problem" and challenged him to a fight. The victim walked away but was struck by the suspect who police later cited for fourth-degree assault.
- July 21: A 19-year-old Bothell man was allegedly hit three or four times in the face by a 17-year-old Kirkland man at Shari's. The pair had swapped epithets earlier in the day. The victim was taken to Evergreen for a cut to the nose and a fat lip.