August 10, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Network Breakfast, 3rd Thurs. of every month, 7:30-9 a.m., 481-8300.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, 3rd Wed. of every month, 7:30 p.m., 483-2693.
- Woodinville Water District, 3rd Tues. of every month, 7 p.m., 483-9104 ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, 3rd Tuesday of every month, 6 p.m., 483-2131.
- FEMALE, 3rd Wednesday of every month, 425-844-2641.
- Public meeting on proposed Alderwood/Clearview Water Pipeline, Aug. 13, 7-9pm, Cedar Wood Elementary, 425-743-4605.
- Eastside Genealogical Society talk about Heraldry at Bellevue Library, Aug. 13, 7:30pm, free, 746-8412.
- Woodinville Historical Society, 3rd Thurs. of every month: 425-483-8943.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, every Wed., 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, every Thurs., 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, every Wed. morning, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Finn Hill Co-op Prechool has openings for the fall of 1998 for 3-4 year olds and pre-kindergarten classes, 425-485-1577.
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Aliens: Worlds of Possibilities, through Sept. 7, Pacific Science Center, general admission $7.50/adults, $5.50/children: 443-2001. Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center. For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center call 206-443-2850.
- Senior Services is searching for volunteers to help with legal, consumer and health care information, 206-727-6216 or 1-800-972-9990 ext. 216.
- Bothell High School Class of 1963-65, 35th Class Reunion, Aug. 15, 6pm-1am, Wyndham Garden Hotel, $35/person, $70/couple: 206-547-8922 or 425-487-4067.
- Shoreline High School Class of '68 Reunion, Aug. 22, Shoreline Center, $68: 206-223-1313.
- Inglemoor High School Class of 1968, 30th Reunion, Aug. 28, 29, 30: 425-488-7442.
- West Seattle Class of 1958, 40th Reunion, Aug. 22, Flight Museum: 1-800-954-1044 or 206-932-3242.
- 1968 graduates of Federal Way High School, Aug. 15: 425-235-1025.
- Puget Sound Dahlia Association is hosting their Annual Flower Show at Totem Lake Mall, with 4,000 quality blooms, free, Aug. 15 9:30am-9:30pm, Aug. 16 11am-6pm, 425-836-4487.
- Over 5,000 roses are in bloom at Woodland Park Zoo's Rose Garden, 7am-dusk, free admission: 206-684-4800.
- Snohomish Farmer's Market, through Sept. 24, every Thursday, 5pm to sunset: 425-347-2790.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, & WORKSHOPS
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Aug. 12, Sept. 9, Oct. 14, and Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- 'Why rent when you can own your own home', Aug. 20, 6:30-7:30pm, registration required, free, at Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle, 206-461-3792 Ext. 3010.
- Actors wanted for The 5th Avenue Theatre Company's 1998-99 Outreach Program: 'Musical Theatre: American Style', auditions appointment only, starting Aug. 17, 206-625-1418 ext. 810.
- Youth Philharmonic Northwest is auditioning young musicians ages 7-21 for its 1998-99 concert season, auditions run Sept. 1, 2, and 8, appointment only, 425-869-9757.
- Seattle Symphony Chorale is holding auditions for its 1998-99 season, appointment only, Aug. 13, Aug. 25-26, Aug. 29-30, Sep. 5, 206-215-4734.
- Olympic Music Festival 'Concerts in the Barn', Aug. 15-16, 2pm, $10-22, parking free, 206-527-8839.
- "The Music Man," Aug. 6-22, Youth Theatre Northwest on Mercer Island, Fri. & Sat. at 7:30pm, Sun. at 2pm, $9: 206-232-2202.
- "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare," Aug. 6-9 & 13-16, 8pm, Kirkland Performance Center, $14-$24: 425-893-9900.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Annual NASCAR Winston West Coors Light 200, Aug. 13-15 at Evergreen Speedway, 360-794-5917.
- Multiple Sclerosis Association holds its 3rd annual Golf Tournament, Sep. 2, 11:30am, 12:45 Shotgun Start, $400 for four, $125 for individuals, price includes dinner, carts, auction, prizes and awards, 206-633-2606.
- The Lenny Wilkens Celebrity Golf Tournament, Aug. 19 at Echo Falls Country Club, $250, includes brkfst, lunch, dinner/auction, 425-643-8638.
- "All-Stars Fastpitch Clinic," 3rd year, ages 10-15, Aug. 29, pitching $40, Aug. 30, Hitting/defense $50, both together $75: 425-486-6794.
- Redmond Vertical World Indoor Rock Climbing Gym, classes Wednesdays, 6-8pm, Saturdays 10am-12pm, $40: 425-881-8826.
- Sports card and collectibles show, Aug. 15 10am-9pm, Aug. 16 11am-6pm, at Crpssroads Chopping Center, free, 425-644-1111
- Evergreen Zone Benefit Open Horse Show, August 1 & 16, Bridle Trails State Park: 425-334-0671.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Go Cruizin' every Saturday night, 6:30pm, McCorry's, bring classic, antique or Hot Rods, show off your pride and joy: 425-488-0140.
- University District Farmers Market, open Saturdays through Oct. 31, 9am-2pm, on 50th and University Way N.E.: 206-547-4417.
- Official 1998 Seattle SuperSonics basketball Camps, ages 7-16 yrs., Sonics Training Facility in Seattle, Aug. 17-21, Aug. 24-26, Aug. 27-29, different times and age groups, $140 for boys/girls ages 7-12, $185 for boys/girls ages 13-16: 206-281-5800.
- A Four Man Show, featuring paintings and sculptures, Aug. 13 thru Sept. 6, 6-8:30pm, at Howard/Mandville Galleries, 800-544-4712.
- 'Young at Art', free-face painting and crafts, deadline for art entries Aug. 12, at Country Village, Aug. 15 1-4pm, gallery display Aug.15-Aug. 29, 425-487-3777.
- The University of Washington Dental Research Center is seeking volunteers for a study of dental fillings, recieve free restorative fillings, 206-685-8132.
- If you were diagnosed to have Adult Onset Diabetes after age 30 and are taking oral medication, you may qualify for a nationwide research study using an investigational drug, Evergreen Diabetes & Endocrinology: 425-823-0641.
- Eastside Mothers' Club, first Thurs. of every month, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 425-823-6964.