August 24, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- 'New Tax Laws and Your IRA, how will you be affected?', Tues. Sept.1, 7p.m., Woodinville Library, 425-462-2665.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, 7:30p.m., Sept. 2, Martha Lake Community Club.
- 'Moms and Moppets', 1st Tues. of every month, offers oppurtunity for mom and children age newborn-5 to come together and get to know others, 425-485-6696.
- FEMALE, 1st Wed. of every month, 7:30-9:30 p.m., 425-844-2641.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, 1st Wed. of every month, 7:30, 483-2693.
- Woodinville Fire District, 1st Tues. of every month, 6p.m., 483, 2131.
- Woodinville Water District, 1st Tues. of every month, 7p.m., 483-9104- ext. 305.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, 1st Wed. of every month, 7p.m., 788-3635.
- Sammamish Valley Grange Woodinville/Redmond Welcome Wagon, 1st Wed. of every month, 9 a.m., 483-2693.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Friday Pinochle, 4th Fri. of every month, 1 p.m., 483-2693.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, every Wed., 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, every Thurs., 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, every Wed. morning, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Pacific Center Laser IMAX schedule, Sept. 1-7, Peter and the Wolf, Daily 1 and 3p.m., Soace Odyssey, daily 2 and 4p.m., Thrill Ride: The Science of Fun, Daily 11a.m., 1, 3, 5, 7,p.m., Thrusday-Sun. also at 8p.m., Alaska:Spirit of the Wind, Daily noon, 4p.m., Thrusday-Sun. also 9p.m., Mission to Mir, Daily 2 and 6p.m. 206-443-IMAX.
- Inglemoor High School Class of 1968, 30th Reunion, Aug. 28, 29, 30: 425-488-7442.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, & WORKSHOPS
- Learn about Sumi, a Japanese ink painting, through a series of classes taught by Rita Speiser, $12 per session, Wed. mornings 9:30a.m.-12:00pm, Wed. afternoons 1:00-3:30p.m., registration required, 425-454-8355.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Sept. 9, Oct. 14, and Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Multiple Sclerosis Association holds its 3rd annual Golf Tournament, Sep. 2, 11:30am, 12:45 Shotgun Start, $400 for four, $125 for individuals, price includes dinner, carts, auction, prizes and awards, 206-633-2606.
- Detlef Schremph, Tony Ventrella, Bill Kruger, PBS character 'Arthur', and Warren Moon will offer advice and inspiration, Aug. 29-30, 10a.m.-4p.m., at IKEA, autograph signing from 1:30-3p.m., 425-656-2980.
- Issaquah Jazz Festival, Aug. 29 from 12-8:30p.m., Aug. 30 from 2-7:30p.m., free, on the Green at the Issaquah Community Center, 837-3300.
- Shoreline Chili Challenge and Family Fair, Pirates of Treasure Island, carnival rides, vendors, ponies, arts and crafts, 176th and Aurora N., Aug. 29 from 10a.m.-9p.m., Aug. 30 from 11a.m.-5p.m., 206-367-5205.
- 'Do you know what you are eating?', Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research is hosting a lecture on the mutritional value and fat intake in our daily lives, free, Aug. 27, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Pelton Auditorium, 206-667-5896.
- The University of Washington Dental Research Center is seeking volunteers for a study of dental fillings, recieve free restorative fillings, 206-685-8132.
- If you were diagnosed to have Adult Onset Diabetes after age 30 and are taking oral medication, you may qualify for a nationwide research study using an investigational drug, Evergreen Diabetes & Endocrinology: 425-823-0641.
- Directed and Self-Directed Day Garden Retreats, thru Oct., register, $40-$65, 206-980-8099.
- Over 5,000 roses are in bloom at Woodland Park Zoo's Rose Garden, 7am-dusk, free admission: 206-684-4800.
- Snohomish Farmer's Market, through Sept. 24, every Thursday, 5pm to sunset: 425-347-2790.
- Eastside Mothers' Club, first Thurs. of every month, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 425-823-6964.
- Individual counseling for women with a certified mental health therapist, $25-$60, 206-980-8099.