August 31, 1998
AT THE LIBRARY
Used Book Sale on October 10. Thousands of books culled from the King County Library System collection are available: paperbacks for just 50¢ each, hardbacks for $1, or a whole bag of books for $7 per bag. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at Kamiakin Junior High School.
King County Library System closed September 7th for Labor Day. Libraries will reopen Sept. 8th.
Web Navigators Wanted!! You can put your computer skills to good use by helping others find their way around cyberspace. Volunteers get a one-day orientation session on how to teach others, call 425-226-0522 and ask about the NetMaster volunteer program.
For information, check the KCLS Web Page: www.kcls.org, or call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600
- Beginning Library Catalog, Sept. 10 from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Sept. 8 or 22, from 2-3 p.m., bring 3 1/2 disk.
- Introduction to World Wide Web, Sept. 10 or 24 from 7-8:30 p.m., Sept. 11 or 25 from 2-3:30 p.m., Sept. 5 or 19 from 9:15 to 10:45 a.m.
Bothell Regional Library
- Improve your English listening and speaking skills, meet people from all over the world, and share stories, music and laughter on Wednesday evenings from 6-8 p.m.
- Red Cross Baby-Sitting Training Class- learn the skills to become a professional-quality baby-sitter. Successful completion of this three-part course earns you Red Cross certification. Classes are Sept. 9,16, and 30, 5:30-8:30. Ages 11 and up are encouraged to attend. Free, but space limited, so please register.
- Five week course designed to help investors set realistic financial and investment goals, including mutual funds, common stock, like insurance and bonds. Sept. 8, 15, 22, 29, and Oct. 6, 3-4:30 p.m.
- Tricky Trolls- listen to a story and watch it come to life in drama, participate in movement and create an edible craft. Ages 3-6 encouraged to attend, Sept. 9, 10 a.m.
Lake Forest Park Library
- Community History Nights - Personal Histories, pre-1940 Lake Forest Park and community elders will share their memories on Sept. 9 at 7 p.m.
Sno Isle Bookmobile
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. S.E., Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.