September 7, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Historical Society, 3rd Thurs. of every month, 7:30 p.m., Towne Bank, 483-8270.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Network Breakfast, 3rd Tues. of every month, 7:30-9a.m., 481-8300.
- Samammish Valley Grange, 1st and 3rd Wed., 7:30 p.m., 483-2693.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, 3rd Fri. of every month, 1p.m, 483-2693.
- Woodinville Water District, 3rd Tues, of every month, 7p.m., 483-9104 ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, 3rd Tues. of every month, 6p.m., 483-2131.
- Woodinville Rotary Club, Sept. 15, 7a.m., at Columbia Winery, 206-483-2320.
- The Board of Commisioners of King County Public Hospital District #2, Sept. 14, 6p.m., and Sept. 10, 8p.m., Evergreen Hospital Medical Center.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Sept. 9, 10:30a.m., lunch at noon, reservations: 425-454-1643.
- Referendum 49: Tax Relief Plus Transportation Funding, Snohomish County Republican Women's Club, Sept. 9, 11a.m., Mill Creek Country Club, 425-252-3504.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, 2nd Fri. of every month, 1 p.m., 483-2693.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, 7:30p.m., every Thursday, Martha Lake Community Club.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, every Thurs., 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, every Wed. morning, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Finn Hill Co-op Preschool has openings for the fall of 1998 for 3-4 year olds and pre-kindergarten classes, 425-485-1577.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Washington Park Arboretum seeks volunteers for fall school program, training sessions Sept. 23 and 25, and Oct. 2 and 9, 543-8801.
- Evergreen Community Health Care seeks volunteers for Community Advisors Program, must live in Evergreen District, applications through Oct. 15, 425-899-2022.
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is looking for volunteers to become part of the public relations team in Washington State, application deadline Sept. 30, 800-922-8716.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, & WORKSHOPS
- Boomerang class, Redmond Parks Department, Sept. 12, for ages 14 and up, 425-556-2300.
- Washington State Obedience Training Club, offering dog obedience training classes beginning Sept. 14 and 16 in Ballard and Sept. 15 in Lake City, registration required, 206-784-8026.
- Beginning Square Dance Lessons, Sept. 14, 7:30-9:30 p.m., Sammamish Valley Grange, 425-821-5488.
- Learn to skipper a boat with confidence, USPS provides essential info for every type of boater, learn about equipment, rules, lines, knots, charts, engine, and more, Bellevue Highschool Sept. 15 at 7 p.m., Rose Hill Junior High School Sept. 23 at 7 p.m., 425-455-8559.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Making Peace with your past, a 12 week, Christian Centered support group focusing on understanding, healing, and closure of childhood abuse or trauma, session begins Sept. 13, $25, 425-488-8245.
- Learn about Sumi, a Japanese ink painting, through a series of classes taught by Rita Speiser, $12 per session, Wed. mornings 9:30a.m.-12:00pm, Wed. afternoons 1:00-3:30p.m., registration required, 425-454-8355.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Sept. 9, Oct. 14, and Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- Eastside Women's Choir looking for new members, come to rehearsals Mon. 7:30-9:30p.m, Odle Middle School, starting Sept. 14, 425-881-3041.
- Greenwood Women's Glee Club is accepting new members during Sept, inexperienced singers welcome, 367-3410.
- Redmond's Redwood Theatre hosting auditions for the classic murder mystery, Mouse Trap, by Agatha Christie, Sept. 13 from 7-10p.m., Sept. 14 from 8-11p.m., parts for 5 men, 3 women, ages 20-50, perform in late Oct., 206-525-3493.
- The Seattle Symphony Orchestra: Live from Benaroya Hall, KCTS Channel Nine, Sept. 12 at 8p.m., Sept 13 at 1p.m., 206-443-6798.
- Sept. 13, the Festival of Tents, at Bellevue Christian Reformed Church, barbeque, 425-747-5288.
- The Edmonds Driftwood Players present: 'Hay Fever', a classic comedy, runs Sept. 11 - Oct. 11, Thurs., Fri., and Sat. at 8 p.m., Sun. at 2 p.m., $13/general admission, $11/jrs and srs, 425-774-9600.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Seattle Thunderbirds vs. Portland Winterhawks, Sept. 12, 7p.m., Olympic View Ice Arena in Mountlake Terrace, $10/admission, $8/season tickets, 869-4825.
- AAU Washington Girls Basketball, Sept. 26-Dec. 12, Girls teams in grades 5-9, J.V. and Varsity, 425-670-8877.
- Redmond Vertical World Indoor Rock Climbing Gym, classes Wednesdays, 6-8pm, Saturdays 10am-12pm, $40: 425-881-8826.