September 14, 1998
AT THE LIBRARY
Web Navigators Wanted!! You can put your computer skills to good use by helping others find their way around cyberspace. Volunteers get a one-day orientation session on how to teach others, call 425-226-0522 and ask about the NetMaster volunteer program.
For information, check the KCLS Web Page: www.kcls.org, or call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600.
- An Introduction to Lace: Discover how lace is made and the tools you need to get started, Sept. 21, 7:30p.m.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Sept. 22, from 2-3p.m., bring 3 1/2 disk.
Story time for 2 year olds, Sept. 16, 23, and 30, at 9:30 a.m., enjoy a half hour of stories, songs and crafts.
- Story time for 3 and up, Sept. 21, 22, 28, and 29 at 10:30 and 1:30 p.m., enjoy a half hour of muic, songs and crafts.
Bothell Regional Library
- Mother Goose on the Loose, Sept. 22, and Oct. 6 and 20 at 10:30 a.m., features stories, fingerplays and songs for little ones.
- The Song of Lucia Zenteno, Sept. 20, 2p.m., Cry of the Rooster Theatre presents shadow puppets in a mexican folk tale.
- Toddler Times, every Tuesday, Sept. 15- Oct. 20 at 9:45 a.m., ages 1-3 encouraged to attend to enjoy stories and songs.
- Preschool story time, every Wednesday, Sept. 16- Nov. 4, 9:30 and 11 a.m., 45 minutes of music, stories and crafts.
- Improve your English listening and speaking skills, meet people from all over the world, and share stories, music and laughter on Wednesday evenings from 6-8 p.m.
- Roses, Fall Care and Winter Protection, Wed. Sept. 23, 7p.m., adults only.
- Red Cross Baby-Sitting Training Class- learn the skills to become a professional-quality baby-sitter. Successful completion of this three-part course earns you Red Cross certification. Classes are Sept. 16, and 30, 5:30-8:30. Ages 11 and up are encouraged to attend. Free, but space limited, so please register.
- Toddler Story Time, Sept 23, 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, at 9:30 a.m., ages 2-3 encouraged to attend.
- Preschool Story Time, Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21 at 11a.m., ages 3-6 encouraged to attend.
- Preparation for U.S. Citizenship, Sept. 21, and 28 at 7:30, new students welcome any class.
- Learn the early history of Kirkland's Juanita neighborhood, Sept. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Afternoon Story Time Adventure, Sept. 21, and 28, 2p.m., fun-filled half hour of stories.
- Mother Goose on the Loose, Sept. 17, 11a.m., children ages 12-24 months.
- Story time for ages 2-3, enjoy stories, fingerplays and songs, no registration required, Sept. 18 and 25, 10:40 a.m.
- Story time for ages 3-6, Sept. 23, and 30 at 10:30 a.m., and Sept. 18 and 25 at 11:15 a.m.
- Five week course designed to help investors set realistic financial and investment goals, including mutual funds, common stock, like insurance and bonds. Sept. 22, 29, and Oct. 6, 3-4:30 p.m.
Lake Forest Park Library
- Magic Around the World, Sept. 18, 7p.m.
- Toddler Story Time, Sept. 22 and 29, Oct. 6, 13, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17, at 11a.m, children aged 24-36 months.
- Preschool Story Time, Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17, at 11 a.m, children aged 3-5.
Sno Isle Bookmobile
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. S.E., Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.