Northwest NEWS

September 21, 1998

Front Page

Kenmore fire blamed on overloaded circuits

 The older home was equipped with electrical service that didn't meet the family's electrical demands. Extension cords and adapter plugs were used throughout the house to service many appliances, and electrical cords were located under rugs, through doors and under boxes.

One boy's courage and victory

 Throwing the first pitch at a Mariners game is usually afforded to an individual who possesses some noteworthy distinction or honor. At the Sept. 8 game, many fans were probably wondering what made the seven year old boy so special.