September 28, 1998
Wolfpack Booster Club resumes
The Cedarcrest High School Wolfpack Gridiron Howlers Booster Club has resumed their weekly meeting schedule for the 1998 football season.
This group is open to all supporters of the Cedarcrest High School Red Wolves football team.
Meetings are held every Thursday from 7-8 p.m. in the Career Center at Cedarcrest High School.
Membership dues are $10 annually for a family. This year's officers are: Jerry Austin, President; Ken Korshaven, Vice President; Cindy Sage, Secretary-Treasurer.
The Booster Club has been able to support the football team in several ways over the past year, including:
- Creation of a Player of the Week Award, which includes a certificate signed by the coaches, and certificates for free pizza and a video (these certificates are supported locally by Safari's Pizza of Duvall, Charlie's Pizza of Duvall, Blake's Pizzeria of Carnation, Video Factory of Duvall and Carnation and the Family Grocer of Duvall);
- Provided coaches shirts;
- Ran membership raffles at home games - among the prizes awarded were Seahawks tickets and restaurant certificates;
- Ran 50-50 raffles at the home games, with proceeds benefiting the football team;
- Fostered great community support and involvement in the football program at Cedarcrest High School. There was great support from the business communities of Duvall and Carnation;
- Raised money to purchase a new two-man blocking sled and six tackling dummies for the football program;
- Sponsored the annual football awards potluck at the end of the season.
Currently the club is raising funds to purchase a portable drinking fountain system that will benefit the team at practice and at their games.
All those who support Red Wolf football are welcome.