October 5, 1998
Woodinville High Drama Department's 'Soaring to Scotland' will succeed will full community support
Woodinville High School Drama Department is honored to be one of nineteen high schools in the United States to be invited to participate in the August 1999 Edinburgh Festival.
Fundraising is in full swing for "Soaring To Scotland," the theme of the drive.
- SAVE Manufacturers' COUPONS - clipped or not - We are the recipients of the coupon program at the Cottage Lake Safeway for October 1998. The coupons need to be valid till 10/31 and cannot be 2 for 1 or Safeway coupons. Please turn them in at the October 6th meeting. If you can t get it there then have your student drop them off at the school. Pass the word to your friends and family to make an extra effort to shop there and donate the coupons to us.
- WHS Soaring To Scotland Craft Booth at the Woodinville Farmers' Market Craft Fair on Oct. 17 & 18. Support Woodinville High by purchasing craft items, baked goods and coffee from the WHS booth. If you have handmade in Washington items that you would like to donate for the students to sell please call Patye or Pam Williams at 425/489-8557. or email them at Danw@boomers.org.
Needed to borrow:
- Money Boxes (need two)
- Large coffee urns for hot cider
- Hand mirrors (two)
- Hair clips
- Brushes for face painting
- Klutz book on hair wrapping
- Folding chairs
- Small table or card table for hair wrapping supplies
- Shelf or other ways to display items for sale
- Bags for items sold
- Tissue Paper (for wrapping nice items)
- Price Tags (gummed and hanging tags)
- Hot cups for cider & coffee
- Napkins and/or paper towels
- Candied Apples
- Rubber Bands for hair wrapping
- Beads and charms for hair wrapping
- Glitter and regular face paints
- Cosmetic wedges
To those who will participate in the Buy-a-mile: When you get your packets, please read the instructions carefully and if you have any questions you can contact Kate Jarman or Becky Miller. When you go door to door, please go in at least groups of two. We will try to organize it so areas of town are not hit twice.
Make checks payable to Soaring to Scotland Boosters. Bring them to the next meeting and give them to Joe Lasby or Gary Hough. If you can t get it there then mail it to the P.O. Box address above.
- October 6, 1998 - 6:30pm to 7:30pm Steering Committee Meeting at WHS Auditorium
- October 6, 1998 - 7:00pm to 7:30pm The Drama Booster Club s first meeting in the WHS Auditorium
- October 6, 1998 - 7:30pm General All Hands meeting at WHS Auditorium
- October 22, 1998 - 7:30pm Steering Committee Meeting
Steering committee members include: Connie Weiseth, President; Katie Hansen, Student President; Gary Hough, Vice President & Finance; Joe Lasby, Treasurer; Cheryl Reed, Secretary; Judy Bonifaci, WHS Drama Boosters President; Hjalmer Anderson, WHS Drama Advisor/Director; Vicki Puckett, WHS Principal; Emily Bonifaci; Leonard Hansen, Robyn Harmon, Mary Jarman Karr, Gail LeVasseur, Willie LeVasseur, Ronda Miller, Heidi & Jeff Soehren, Kari Solberg, Dan & Pam Williams, Patti Williams.
Woodinville area business and individuals are encouraged to participate in the community-wide effort to help fund this trip. Call soaring2scotland@woodinville.
com or Soaring 2 Scotland Boosters, P.O. Box 2442, Woodinville, WA 98072-2442.