Northwest NEWS

October 5, 1998

Local News

Police Beat

   Sept. 29: Someone smashed a window out of student's car parked at Woodinville High School, making off with a CD case that contained a large amount of cash. The incident occurred between 7:40 and 9:50 a.m.
   Sept. 28: An estimated $13,500 in jewelry and other items was stolen from a home in the 17400 block of 155th Pl. N.E. just outside the city limits. The victim said all the windows and doors had been locked, but when they returned, the items were found missing and a laundry room door was open.
   Sept. 25-27: An unknown suspect used a rock to break through a basement window at a home in the 14300 block of N.E. 178th St. then stole jewelry, cameras, VCRs, CDs and other items valued at over $13,000.
   Sept. 25: An area manager for Taco Bell detected numerous deposits from the Woodinville store being made days late in May and then again in late summer. Headquarters also advised her that five deposits between Aug. 30 and Sept. 23 were missing. A 22-year-old Bellevue man employed as the assistant manager allegedly admitted taking the money and was to return $2,500 but did not show up. He is still at large.
   Sept. 26: A 14-year-old Woodinville boy was arrested for a burglary that occurred at a home in the 20000 block of 166th Ave. N.E. Sept. 23. The suspect, who lives across the street from the break-in, may be responsible for other burglaries in the area, police say. They recommend he be charged with first-degree burglary.
   Sept. 20: A Snohomish County Sheriff's deputy going home came across a crowd of citizens gathered around a 1995 Ford Explorer facing eastbound in the westbound lane of N.E. 177th Pl. at about 11 p.m. The 53-year-old Bothell woman who was driving appeared confused and failed to follow instructions to turn off the vehicle. Fearing a police pursuit with a possibly drunk driver, the deputy gained access to a rear window, crawled in, pulled the keys from the ignition, but couldn't stop the vehicle from rolling backwards into his police car. He observed two empty open liquor bottles and smelled intoxicants while inside the woman's vehicle. She was taken to Evergreen Hospital where she was placed under arrest, though she couldn't recall the events leading up to her being there.