November 9, 1998
Boot Scootin' Benefit will help neighbors
CARNATION--Tolt Congregational United Church of Christ will host their fourth annual "Boot Scootin' Community Benefit" on Saturday, Nov. 21, from 6-9 p.m. at Carnation Elementary School. All proceeds from this family event will go to local human services agencies and organizations.
The evening will include a "dining car dinner," games for children, live music and both a silent and live auction.
"This is a community party," explained Jeff Spencer, pastor at Tolt Church. "All sorts of merchants and families donate items and services to the auction, then we all get together for food and fun.''
Event organizer Kathy Crummer said the church has always found ways to make contributions to bettering the Valley and world.
"We want this event to empower everyone in the community to work together to strengthen those organizations that meet a variety of needs," Crummer said.
Organizations supported by this event include:
Tolt Church asks that tickets be pre-purchased to make sure there is enough food and that none goes to waste. Adults are $7; children under 12 are $3.50. For tickets and information call 425-333-4254.
- The Snoqualmie Valley Food Bank, run by the Multi-Service Center in Carnation, offering food to needy families.
- Eastside Habitat for Humanity,building homes and dignity for homeless families on the east side of Lake Washington. Habitat for Humanity, Eastside, was organized in the Snoqualmie Valley and their first home was built in Carnation.
- The Good Neighbor Fund, offering emergency assistance with food, utilities and gasoline to Valley residents, run by Tolt Congregational United Church of Christ.
- The Sno-Valley Senior Center, offering a number of services to seniors in the Valley including adult day health, lunches every weekday and a monthly steak dinner.
- Children's Services of Sno-Valley - Birth to Three Classes, offering socialization for children and support for parents. This program is run cooperatively with Tolt Congregational United Church of Christ.
- The Lunch Bunch, serving warm, nutritious lunches each Wednesday to anyone who comes to the Multi-Service Center (mostly people who come to the food bank), sponsored by Valley churches.