November 23, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Finding Your Military Ancestors, Dec. 2, 9:30-11:30a.m., Redmond Senior Center, 425-821-7966, free.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, 7:30p.m., Dec. 2, Martha Lake Community Club, 425-438-0307.
- Woodinville Water District, Dec. 1, 7p.m., 17238 W-Duvall Rd. 483-9104 ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, Dec. 1, 6p.m., 19900 144th NE, 483-2131.
- Moms and Moppets, Dec. 1, 9-11:30a.m., Eastside 4-Square Church, 425-488-2500, $4.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Friday Pinochle, Nov.27, 1p.m 19008 168th NE, 483-2693.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville Rotary, Dec. 1, 7am, Columbia Winery: 206-483-2320.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
BAZAAR & CRAFT SHOWS
- A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley, Nov. 13-Dec. 19, Thurs./Fri./Sat. 8p.m., Sun. 2p.m., $11-13, The Driftwood Players, 425-774-9600.
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival, $4/children, $5.50/adults donation, Cougar Mountain Zoo, Dec. 2-23, 5-8p.m, 425-391-5508.
- Santa Claus Coming Aboard Old Train, Dec. 5, Lake Whatcom Railway, 9a.m., 11a.m., 1p.m., 3p.m., 206-236-2857.
- Nordic Holiday Celebration, Nov. 28, 8:30a.m.-1p.m., Leif Erickson Hall Auditorium, 206-783-4562.
- The Nutcracker, Dec. 5, 6, 12, 13, Everett Civic Auditorium, $12-$20, 425-257-8382.
- Santa Breakfast, Embassy Suites in Lynnwood, Dec. 19, 10a.m., 425-774-7570.
- Nutcracker Suite, Atrium at Seattle Design Center Northwest, DEc. 5, 10:30a.m., 206-232-8516.
- Hutchison Center Santa Claus Breakfast, Dec. 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 23, 24, Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers, 9:30-11a.m., 206-667-6264.
- The Christmas Moose Bazaar, Nov. 27, 10a.m.-5p.m., Nov. 28 9a.m.-4p.m., 14821 SE 16th Street, Bellevue, 425-822-5296.
- Holiday Boutique, Nov. 28, Legion Hall on Alverson, $1, pictures with Santa, 10a.m.-4p.m., 425-349-1951.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Redmond's Redwood Theatre holding auditions for "Measure for Measure," Dec. 6-7: 206-525-3493.
- 5th Ave. Theatre open auditions for 1999 musicals, Dec. 5-7, by appt.: (206)625-1418.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years+, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- World AIDS Day Interfaith Observance, Dec. 1, Tample de Hirsch Sinai, Jaffee Room, 7p.m., 425-747-5924.
- Chamber Orchestra; Sleeping Beauty, Storybook Theatre from Studio East, Nov. 28, 1 and 3p.m., $6, Kirkland Performance Center, 425-889-9827.
- Come see Nigel Kennedy at Benaroya Hall, $10-$45, Nov. 28, 8p.m., 206-215-4747.
- Civic Light Opera presents RAGS, plays thru Dec. 12, Fri. and Sat. 8p.m., & Sun. 2:30p.m., $14-$18, 206-363-2809.
- African Dance Class, every other Wed., 7-8:30pm, Cherry Valley Community Club, $10 per session: 844-2461.
- 25th Annual Model Train Railroad Show, Nov. 27-29, call 206-443-2001.
- Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- Bellevue Art Museum presents Light, Space, Color: Steven Holl Architecture and Richard Whiteley, Glass Sculpture, Nov. 14-Jan. 17, $5/non-members, $3/members, 425-454-3322.
- As Light Becomes Liquid, Nov. 2-30, Shoreline Community College, 206-546-4101 ext. 4433.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- After Thanksgiving Sale, Nov. 27, Seattle Goodwill, Everett, Lynnwood, Seattle, 206-329-1000.
- Win $500 in1999 Floating Bridge Press Poetry Chapbook Award, deadline Feb. 15; for rules, write to Floating Bridge Press, PO Box 18814, Seattle WA, 98118: 206-860-0508.
- Live Big Band Dance, Saturday nights, 8-11 p.m., Seattle Center House, $5, $4/students or groups of 10, $3.50/ groups of 20, $1 at 10p.m. Ballroom dance classes 7 p.m., $2, 684-0765.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Go Cruizin' every Saturday night, 6:30pm, McCorry's, bring classic, antique or Hot Rods, show off your pride and joy: 425-488-0140.
- Insport Seattle Marathon 8K Walk, Nov. 29, 7-8a.m. reg., walk starts 8:15, Memorial Stadium, $15, 206-729-3660.
- Youth volleyball, looking for boys and girls 15-21, who are accomplished players, to tour with 1999 Goodwill Ambassadors World Tours, registration deadline, Jan. 1: 425-251-6675.
- Individual counseling for women with a certified mental health therapist, $25-$60, 206-980-8099.
- My Fair Lady, Nov. 19-Jan. 3, Village Theatre,425-392-2202.
- Children's Theatre, 206-441-3322 for tickets.
- Annie, Seattle Paramount Theatre, Jan. 26- Feb 7, tickets on sale now: $23-$46.50, 206-292-ARTS.
- Providence Sexual Assualt Center looking for volunteers Jan. 4, for 45+ hours training in advocating sexual assualt servivors, 425-258-7969.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help today's girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services: 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood: 1-800-266-4033.
- The American Cancer Society needs volunteers to help plan 1999 Daffodil Days: 425-869-5588, ext. 123.
- The Salvation Army needs holiday helpers to pick up, deliver, stuff, wrap, decorate, bake and more!: 206-217-1261.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843 ext. 226 or 339-3837.