November 30, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, West Coast Bellevue Hotel, Dec. 9, 10:30a.m., 425-454-1643.
- Northshore School Board, 2nd Tuesday, 3:30p.m., 489-6000.
- Woodinville Lions Club, 2nd Tuesday, 7p.m.
- Finding Your Military Ancestors, Dec. 2, 9:30-11:30a.m., Redmond, 483-2693.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, 2nd Wednesday, 9:30a.m.-noon, 485-3089.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, 2nd Tuesday, 11:30a.m., 481-8300.
- Senior Center, 425-821-7966, free.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Vashon Island Holiday Arts Tour, Dec. 5-6, 12-13, 10a.m-5p.m., 206-463-1231.
- Holiday Collections, presented by BCC chior, Dec. 4, in the Carlson theatre, $6, 425-641-2694.
- Sunnyside Country Christmas Lighted Farm Implement Parade and Holiday Season Festivities, Dec. 5, 6p.m., Sunnyside WA, 800-457-8089.
- Holiday Festival and Sing-Along, Dec. 6, 3p.m., Meany Hall, $15/general, $8/students and seniors, 206-528-6878.
- Rainier Chamber Choir and Plymouth Choir, Dec. 6, Plymouth Congregational Church, $18/general, $16/students and seniors, 780-1021.
- Seattle Sings Messiah, First United Methodist Church, Dec. 5, 7pm., $10, 206-622-7278, ext. 44.
- Deck the Halls, Holiday Bed and Breakfast Tour, Dec. 6, noon-6p.m.., $10, Whidbey Island, 360-221-5676.
- Evergreen Christmas Fair and Light Festival, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Dec. 4-13, 3-10p.m., $3/adults, $2/students and seniors, 360-794-4780.
- Lake Washington Singers present "One More Vioce," Dec. 5, 7:30p.m., Lake Washington Methodist Church, $3-$5, 425-881-3041.
- Victorian Prominade through Pioneer Square, Dec. 4, 5-9p.m., free, 206-623-1162.
- Village Theatre presents Holiday Special, Dec. 11-Jan 3, $18-$25, Kirkland Performance Center, 425-893-9900.
- 100-voice Everett Chorale presents annual holiday concert, Dec. 5, 7:30p.m.., Dec. 6, 3p.m., Everett Performing Arts Center, 425-257-8600, $8-$11.
- A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley, Nov. 13-Dec. 19, Thurs./Fri./Sat. 8p.m., Sun. 2p.m., $11-13, The Driftwood Players, 425-774-9600.
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival, $4/children, $5.50/adults donation, Cougar Mountain Zoo, Dec. 2-23, 5-8p.m, 425-391-5508.
- Santa Claus Coming Aboard Old Train, Dec. 5, Lake Whatcom Railway, 9a.m., 11a.m., 1p.m., 3p.m., 206-236-2857.
- The Nutcracker, Dec. 5, 6, 12, 13, Everett Civic Auditorium, $12-$20, 425-257-8382.
- Santa Breakfast, Embassy Suites in Lynnwood, Dec. 19, 10a.m., 425-774-7570.
- Nutcracker Suite, Atrium at Seattle Design Center Northwest, Dec. 5, 10:30a.m., 206-232-8516.
- Hutchison Center Santa Claus Breakfast, Dec. 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 23, 24, Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers, 9:30-11a.m., 206-667-6264.
BAZAAR & CRAFT SHOWS
- Redmond's Redwood Theatre holding auditions for Measure for Measure, Dec. 6-7, 206-525-3493.
CLASSES, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- Holiday Arts and Craft Fair, Dec. 3,-4, 9a.m.-5p.m., Evergreen Hospital, free, 425-899-1881.
- Christmas Country Craft Show, Vasa Park Resort, Dec. 4, 10a.m.-8p.m., Dec. 5, 10a.m.-6p.m., free admission.
- Kirkland Senior Center, Dec. 5, 10a.m.-3p.m., craft show, 425-828, 1223.
- Gig Harbor High School presents TideFest fine arts and crafts sale, Dec. 5, 10a.m.-5p.m., Dec. 6, 11a.m.-5p.m., $3, Gig Harbor High School, 851-6131.
- Holiday Arts Sale, Preview Party & Silent Auction, Kirkland Arts Center, Dec.4-12, M-F 11a.m.-6p.m., Sat. 11a.m.-2p.m.
- Coast Guard-Approved First Aid at Sea Class, Dec. 10, 9a.m.-5p.m., Dec. 11, 9a.m.-1p.m., $70, 206-543-1225.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday Mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- How Will the Recent Changes to the New 1998 Tax Legislation Affect Your IRA?, Dec. 8, 1:30p.m., Dec. 12, 10a.m., free, City Center Bellevue Building, 2nd floor, 425-462-2665.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- Down to Earth Spirituality, Dec. 6, 2p.m., free, Bitter Lake Community Club, 206-362-7646.
- Civic Light Opera persents RAGS, plays thru Dec. 12, Fri. and Sat. 8p.m., & Sun. 2:30p.m., $14-$18, 206-363-2809.
- Seattle Men's Chorus Holiday Concert, Everett Civic Auditorium, Dec. 6, 7, 425-257-8380.
- Choir of the Sound presents Legends of Winter, Dec. 5, 7:30p.m., Dec. 6, 2p.m. and 6p.m., Shorecrest High School Performing Arts Center, $14-$16, 206-528-9990.
- Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- Washington Park Arboretum Green Galore Holiday Sale, Dec. 5, 10a.m.-4p.m., Graham Visitors Center, 206-726-1954.
- Bellevue Art Museum presents Light, Space, Color: Steven Holl Architecture and Richard Whiteley, Glass Sculpture, Nov. 14-Jan. 17, $5/non-members, $3/members, 425-454-3322.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Totem Lake Mall: Sports Card & Beanie Baby Show!, Dec. 4, 5, 6, free admission, 425-252-6521.
- Pop's Beanie Baby Show, Dec. 6, Doubletree Hotel, 9a.m.-4p.m., 503-655-9701.
- Beanie Babies, Bears, Colls, and Barbies, Dec. 5, The Days Inn Hotel, 10a.m.-3p.m., $3/adults, $1/kids, 253-475-5900.
- Win $500 in 1999 Floating Bridge Press Poetry Chapbook Award, Deadline: Feb. 15, rules write to Floating Bridge Press, PO Box 18814, Seattle, WA 98118, 206-860-0508.
- Live Big Band Dance, Saturday nights, 8-11 p.m., Seattle Center House, $5, $4/students or groups of 10, $3.50/ groups of 20, $1 at 10p.m. Ballroom dance classes 7 p.m., $2, 684-0765.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Go Cruizin' every Saturday night, 6:30pm, McCorry's, bring classic, antique or hot rods, show off your pride and joy: 425-488-0140.
- Youth Volleyball, looking for boys and girls 15-21 who are accomplished players to tour with 1999 Goodwill Ambassadors World Tours, registration deadline: Jan. 1, 425-251-6675.
- Individual counseling for women with a certified mental health therapist, $25-$60, 206-980-8099.
- My Fair Lady, Nov. 19-Jan. 3, Village Theatre,425-392-2202.
- Children's Theatre, 206-441-3322 for tickets.
- Annie, Seattle Paramount Theatre, Jan. 26- Feb 7, tickets on sale now: $23-$46.50, 206-292-ARTS.
- Intercultural Exchange is looking for host families for the second semester of high school, they will be staying Jan.-July, 1-800-894-7633.
- Pacific Providence Sexual Assualt Center looking for volunteers Jan. 4, for 45+ hours training in advocating sexual assualt servivors, 425-258-7969.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- The American Cancer Society needs volunteers to help plan 1999 Daffodil Days, 425-869-5588, ext. 123.
- The Salvation Army needs holiday helpers to pick up, deliver, stuff, wrap, decorate, bake, and more, 206-217-1261.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226, or 339-3837.