December 7, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Lions Club Pinochle, Dec. 11, 1p.m, 483-2693.
- Woodinville Water District, Dec.15, 7p.m., 17238 W-Duvall Rd., 483-9104 ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, Dec. 15, 6p.m., 19900 144th 483-2131.
- FEMALE, Dec. 16, 7:30-9:30p.m., Northshore UCC, 425-844-2641.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Dec. 16, 7:30p.m., 140th NE, 483-3200.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Network Breakfast, Dec. 15., 7:30-9a.m., 481-8300.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Dec. 13, 5p.m., McCorry's.
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, West Coast Bellevue Hotel, Dec. 9, 10:30a.m., 425-454-1643.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, Dec. 9, 9:30a.m.-noon, 485-3089.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
BAZAARS & CRAFT SHOWS
- Crossroads Baptist Church presents Season of Light, Dec. 11, 8p.m., Dec. 12, 7p.m., Dec. 13, 4 and 7p.m., $4, 425-747-6750.
- An Evening Christmas Songs and Carols, Dec. 13, 7:30p.m, Rose Hill Presbyterian Church, 425-827-4649.
- Voices of the Season, Dec. 9, 7p.m., St. Louise Parish, free425-747-4450.
- Trio Allegro, Bellevue Botanical Garden Holiday Light Festival, Dec. 12, 7p.m.; Mrs. Santa, Dec. 16, 17, 18, 7p.m., Maggie Bennett preforming Dec. 13, 5p.m., "The Lore, Legends and Lyrics of Christmas;" Microsoft String Quartet preforming Dec. 15, 7p.m.; Issaquah Chorale to preform on Dec. 11, 7p.m.; The Belairs performing Dec. 10, 7p.m.; All Free, Bellevue Botanical Garden: 425-452-2750.
- Vashon Island Holiday Arts Tour, Dec. 12-13, 10a.m-5p.m., 206-463-1231.Dec. 13, 2p.m., $10-$25, 425-257-8382, Everett Civic Auditorium.
- Evergreen Christmas Fair and Light Festival, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Dec. 4-13, 3-10p.m., $3/adults, $2/students and seniors, 360-794-4780.
- Village Theatre presents Holiday Special, Dec. 11-Jan 3, $18-$25, Kirkland Performance Center, 425-893-9900.
- A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley, through Dec. 19, Thurs./Fri./Sat. 8p.m., Sun. 2p.m., $11-13, The Driftwood Players, 425-774-9600.
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival, $4/children, $5.50/adults donation, Cougar Mountain Zoo, Dec. 2-23, 5-8p.m, 425-391-5508.
- The Nutcracker, Dec.12, 13, Everett Civic Auditorium, $12-$20, 425-257-8382.
- Santa Breakfast, Embassy Suites in Lynnwood, Dec. 19, 10a.m.: 425-774-7570.
- Hutchison Center Santa Claus Breakfast, Dec.12, 13, 19, 20, 23, 24, Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers, 9:30-11a.m.: 206-667-6264.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Holiday Arts Sale, Preview Party and Silent Auction, Kirkland Arts Center, Dec.4-12, M-F 11a.m.-6p.m., Sat. 11a.m.-2p.m.
- Designer Disaster, Dec. 12, 10a.m.-4p.m., The Knights of Columbus Hall, 24323 Bothell-Everett Hwy.
- Coast Guard-Approved First Aid at Sea Class, Dec. 10, 9a.m.-5p.m., Dec. 11, 9a.m.-1p.m., $70, 206-543-1225.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday Mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- How will the recent changes to the new 1998 Tax Legislation affect your IRA?, Dec. 12, 10a.m., Free, City Center Bellevue Building, 2nd floor, 425-462-2665.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- Civic Light Opera persents RAGS, plays thru Dec. 12, Fri. and Sat. 8p.m., & Sun. 2:30p.m., $14-$18, 206-363-2809.
- African Dance Class, every other Wed., 7-8:30pm, Cherry Valley Community Club, $10 per session: 844-2461.
- Bellevue Art Museum presents Light, Space, Color: Steven Holl Architecture and Richard Whiteley, Glass Sculpture, Nov. 14-Jan. 17, $5/non-members, $3/members, 425-454-3322.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Everett Art Walk, Dec. 10, noon-8p.m., includes: Studio Art, Everett Photo Shoppe, Retail Gallery, Everett Center for the Arts, Burkett's Distinctive Apparel, and Nikolette's Fine Jewelry.
- Win $500 in1999 Floating Bridge Press Poetry Chapbook Award, Deadline: Feb. 15, for rules write to Floating Bridge Press, PO Box 18814, Seattle WA, 98118, 206-860-0508.
- Youth Volleyball, looking for boys and girls 15-21 who are accomplished players to tour with 1999 Goodwill Ambassadors World Tours, registration deadline, Jan. 1: 425-251-6675.
- Studio East presents Pippi Longstocking, Dec. 4-Dec. 20, Kirkland Youth Theatre, $15-$7, 425-827-3123.
- My Fair Lady, Nov. 19-Jan. 3, Village Theatre, 425-392-2202.
- Children's Theatre, 206-441-3322 for tickets.
- Annie, Seattle Paramount Theatre, Jan. 26- Feb 7, tickets on sale now: $23-$46.50, 206-292-ARTS.
- Initiman Theatre presents Black Nativity, Dec. 11-27, $24/child, $32/adult, Initiman Playhouse, 206-269-1900.
- Intercultural Exchange is looking for host families for the second semester of high-school, they will be staying Jan-July, 1-800-894-7633.
- Pacific Providence Sexual Assualt Center looking for volunteers Jan. 4, for 45+ hours training in advocating sexual assualt servivors, 425-258-7969.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- The American Cancer Society needs volunteers to help plan 1999 Daffodil Days, 425-869-5588, ext. 123.
- Equifriends are looking for volunteers ages 14 and up to help, volunteer orientation dates: Dec. 16, 29, Jan. 5, 19, from 6-9p.m., experience not necessary, 425-337-1137.
- The Salvation Army needs holiday helpers to pick up, deliver, stuff, wrap, decorate, bake, and more, 206-217-1261.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.