December 14, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Holiday Potluck Luncheon, Dec. 17, 11a.m., Meadows Club House, 425-821-7966.
- Woodinville Historical Society, Dec. 17, 7:30p.m., Towne Bank, 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, Dec. 18. 1p.m., Sammamish Valley Grange, 483-3200.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Dec. 22, 7p.m., 19008 168th NE, 483-2693.
- FEMALE, Dec. 16, 7:30-9:30p.m., Northshore UCC, 425-844-2641.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Dec. 16, 7:30p.m., 140th NE, 483-3200.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Cascadia Quartet, Dec. 21 and 22, 7p.m.; Dewey Forrester, Dec. 19 at 7p.m.; Bellevue High School Jazz Combo, Dec. 20, 5p.m.; Bellevue Botanical Gardens, 425-452-2750.
- PNGA/WSGA Open House, at their offices, Dec. 18, 12-4p.m., bring one toy, 206-526-1238.
- Magical Strings' Celtic Yuletide Concert, Dec. 19 at 3 and 7:30p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Seattle, $15-$20. 253-857-3716.
- Village Theatre presents Holiday Special, Dec. 11-Jan 3, $18-$25, Kirkland Performance Center, 425-893-9900.
- Skandia Folkdance Society's Holiday Dance, Dec. 18, 8:30-11:30p.m., Cedar Valley Grange, $7, 206-784-8959.
- A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley, Nov. 13-Dec. 19, Thurs./Fri./Sat. 8p.m., Sun. 2p.m., $11-13, The Driftwood Players, 425-774-9600.
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival, $4/children, $5.50/adults donation, Cougar Mountain Zoo, Dec. 2-23, 5-8p.m, 425-391-5508.
- Santa Breakfast, Embassy Suites in Lynnwood, Dec. 19, 10a.m., 425-774-7570.
- Hutchison Center Santa Claus Breakfast, Dec.19, 20, 23, 24, Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers, 9:30-11a.m., 206-667-6264.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, & WORKSHOPS
- Seattle Opera Chorus Auditions in Jan., 206-389-7680 ext. 1527.
"I, Mary: The Mary We Know Through Luke's Gospel," Puget Sound Chapter of the Lutheran Women's Caucus, Central Lutheran Church, Dec. 19, 11:45 a.m., 425-747-5924.
- 10-week session in Swedish Language and culture, in Ballard, 1999 Winter Quarter, 206-781-3014.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday Mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
Contestants needed for Washington State Christian Talent Contest, semi-finals, Feb. 12, 13, 19, 20, Dightman's Bible Book Center in Tacoma, 425-881-6251.
- Dance Dec. 20, 3-7p.m., Bothell American Legion Club, Presented by Sno-Valley Polka Club, $8, 425-481-7548.
- African Dance Class, every other Wed., 7-8:30pm, Cherry Valley Community Club, $10 per session: 844-2461.
- Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- Bellevue Art Museum presents Light, Space, Color: Steven Holl Architecture and Richard Whiteley, Glass Sculpture, Nov. 14-Jan. 17, $5/non-members, $3/members, 425-454-3322.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Win $500 in1999 Floating Bridge Press Poetry Chapbook Award, Deadline: Feb. 15, rules write to Floating Bridge Press, PO Box 18814, Seattle WA, 98118, 206-860-0508.
- Live Big Band Dance, Saturday nights, 8-11 p.m., Seattle Center House, $5, $4/students or groups of 10, $3.50/ groups of 20, $1 at 10p.m. Ballroom dance classes 7 p.m., $2, 684-0765.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Go Cruizin' every Saturday night, 6:30pm, McCorry's, bring classic, antique or Hot Rods, show off your pride and joy: 425-488-0140.
- Snohomish County Women's Basketball League acceptin teams for 1999 season, cost is $475 per team, 360-794-0655, 1st game starts Jan. 10.
- Individual counseling for women with a certified mental health therapist, $25-$60, 206-980-8099.
- Studio East presents Pippi Long-Stocking, Dec. 4-Dec. 20, Kirkland Youth Theatre, $15-$7, 425-827-3123.
- My Fair Lady, Nov. 19-Jan. 3, Village Theatre,425-392-2202.
- Children's Theatre, 206-441-3322 for tickets.
- Annie, Seattle Paramount Theatre, Jan. 26- Feb 7, tickets on sale now: $23-$46.50, 206-292-ARTS.
- Initiman Theatre presents Black Nativity, Dec. 11-27, $24/child, $32/adult, Initiman Playhouse, 206-269-1900.
- Intercultural Exchange is looking for host families for the second semester of high-school, they will be staying Jan-July, 1-800-894-7633.
- Pacific Providence Sexual Assualt Center looking for volunteers Jan. 4, for 45+ hours training in advocating sexual assualt servivors, 425-258-7969.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- The American Cancer Society needs volunteers to help plan 1999 Daffodil Days, 425-869-5588, ext. 123.
- Equifriends are looking for volunteers ages 14 and up to help, volunteer orientation dates: Dec. 16, 29, Jan. 5, 19, from 6-9p.m., experience not necessary, 425-337-1137.
- The Salvation Army needs holiday helpers to pick up, deliver, stuff, wrap, decorate, bake, and more, 206-217-1261.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- AYUSA introduces High School tutoring scholarships to Japan for 1999 spring semester, application deadline Dec. 20, ages 18-20, 1-800-727-4540 ext. 545 or ext. 505.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843 ext. 226 or 339-3837.