December 21, 1998
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Northshore School Board, 4th Monday, 7:30p.m., 18315 Bothell Way NE, 489-6000.
- Woodinville Lions Club, 4th Tuesday, 7p.m., 19009 168th NE, 483-2693.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, 4th Friday, 1p.m., 19008 168th NE, 483-2693.
- East Lingco Rock Club, 4th Mon., Rose Hill Presbyterian Church, 7p.m, child, 7:30p.m. adults, 425-861-7050.
- Clover Leaf Hebekak Lodge, pancakes, ham, eggs, juice and coffee, 8-11a.m., 4th Sat., 488-8457.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
NEW YEAR'S ACTIVITIES
- Hutchison Center Santa Claus Breakfast, Dec. 23, 24, Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers, 9:30-11a.m., 206-667-6264.
CLASSES, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- New Year's Eve Festivities 9p.m., Dec. 31, Ballroom, Latin and Swing Dancing, $25/person, advance tickets only, Washington Dance Club, 206-628-8939.
- 10-week session in Swedish Language and culture, in Ballard, 1999 Winter Quarter, 206-781-3014.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday Mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- Burke Museum: Graphic Culture: Northwest Coast Prints, Nov. 19-May 31; Seattle's Egyptian Mummy, Dec. 1-Jan 10.; $2.50/student, $4/senior, $5.50/adult, 206-543-7907.
- Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- Bellevue Art Museum presents Light, Space, Color: Steven Holl Architecture and Richard Whiteley, Glass Sculpture, Nov. 14-Jan. 17, $5/non-members, $3/members, 425-454-3322.
- Masters of Russian Animation Film Festival, Frye Art Museum, Dec. 12, 19, Jan. 9, 16, 2p.m., free, 206-622-9250.
- Winter Storytelling Festival, Dec. 26-Jan.3, activities 10a.m.-5p.m., stories at 11:30a.m. and 2p.m, Burke Museum, 206-543-7907.
- Live Big Band Dance, Saturday nights, 8-11 p.m., Seattle Center House, $5, $4/students or groups of 10, $3.50/ groups of 20, $1 at 10p.m. Ballroom dance classes 7 p.m., $2, 684-0765.
- Intercultural Exchange is looking for host families for the second semester of high school, they will be staying Jan.-July, 1-800-894-7633.
- Pacific Providence Sexual Assualt Center looking for volunteers Jan. 4, for 45+ hours training in advocating sexual assualt servivors, 425-258-7969.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- The American Cancer Society needs volunteers to help plan 1999 Daffodil Days, 425-869-5588, ext. 123.
- Equifriends are looking for volunteers ages 14 and up to help, volunteer orientation dates: Dec. 29, Jan. 5, 19, from 6-9p.m., experience not necessary, 425-337-1137.
- The Salvation Army needs holiday helpers to pick up, deliver, stuff, wrap, decorate, bake, and more, 206-217-1261.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.