February 1, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Eastside Genealogical Society Meeting, Feb. 11, 7:30p.m., Bellevue Library, 746-8412.
- King County Public Hospital District No. 2, Feb. board meeting, conference room Green 1.226 at Evergreen Hospital Medical Center, Feb. 8, 7p.m., 425-899-1881.
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, meeting Feb. 10, 10:30a.m., West Coast Bellevue Hotel, 425-454-1643.
- David Douglas Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Feb. 6, 1p.m., Redmond United Methodist Church, 425-821-7966.
- General Mtg. of 1st Legislative District Democrats, Feb. 8, 7:30p.m., Ricketts Building, 821-2015.
- Northshore School Board, Feb. 9, 3:30p.m., 18315 Bothell Way NE, 489-6000.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Feb. 9, 7p.m., 19008, 168th NE, 483-2693.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, Feb. 10, 9:30a.m.-noon, 485-3089.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, Feb. 9, 11:30a.m., 481-8300.
- FEMALE, Feb. 3, 7:30-9:30p.m., Northshore UCC, 425-844-2641.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Feb. 3, 7:30p.m.; Woodinville/Redmond Welcome Wagon, 10a.m., Feb. 3, 140th NE, 483-3200.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, Feb. 3, 7p.m., 17238 W-Duvall Rd., 788-3635.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, 7:30p.m., Feb. 3, Martha Lake Community Club, 425-438-0307.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Lake Whatcom Railway runs special trains Feb. 13, 11a.m. and 1p.m., $10/adults, $5/children, 206-236-2857.
- Andre Feriante will perform a soulful pre-Valentine's Day concert at the Nordstrom Recital Hall in Benaroya Hall, Feb. 12, 8p.m., 206-682-7270.
- Sweet Fun for Valentine's Day at Redmond Town Center: Sweet Treats, Feb. 6-14, receive a chocolate truffle free with purchase of $10 or more at any store; children ages 4-15 invited to write a poem about someone or something they love, presented Feb. 13, 10-11a.m.; KLSY Teddy Bear Patrol, see fire, police and rescue vehicles up close, Feb. 13, 1-3p.m.; 425-867-0808.
- Singles Valentine Party, Feb. 12, 6:30p.m.-1a.m., Crowne Plaza Hotel-Evergreen Ballroom, $16/advance, $20/door, 206-243-8536.
- Take your sweetheart to the Heart Burn dance Feb. 6, from 8p.m. to midnight, swing dancing, Capital Hill house, $30 per person, funds go to support burn survivors, 206-789-6838.
- Pondering Parenthood, informative class for couples considering a baby, Feb. 11, 7-9p.m., free; Car Safe Kids, how to select a car seat and use it properly, Feb. 8, 7-9p.m., $15/person, $20/couple; Evergreen Hospital, 425-899-3000.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday Mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- Focus on Prayer with Bobbye Byerly, "A Deeper Walk." Feb. 6, a.m. session: 8:30a.m.-noon, Evening session, 7-9p.m., North Creek Presbyterian, 337-3154.
- Vanessa Love, gospel vocalist and songwriter, Feb. 6, 6p.m., Feb. 7, 8:45, 10:15, 11:45, at Washington Cathedral, 425-869-5433.
- Making Peace with your Past, 12-week Christ-centered support group focusing on the understanding, healing, and closure of childhood abuse and trauma, $30, Queensgate Baptist Church, 425-488-8245.
- Burke Museum: Graphic Culture: Northwest Coast Prints, Nov. 19-May 31; $2.50/student, $4/senior, $5.50/adult, 206-543-7907.
- Dino Days at Pacific Science Center, Feb. 5-7, 206-443-2001.
- Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- Urban Realist Paintings: Robert Henri and His Circle, Jan. 30-April 4, Frye Art Museum, free, 206-622-9250.
- Brian Murphy, Feb. 4-26, Opening reception Feb. 4, 6-8p.m., King County Art Gallery, 206-296-7580.
- "Art for the Heart," Feb. 7-14, at Wintergarden, 10a.m.-6p.m., Feb. 14 closes at 2p.m., 425-557-9025.
- Bellevue Art Museum "Blooms" with Fresh Flowers, Jan. 30-April 11, 425-454-3322.
- A Change of Worlds, Photographs and Artifacts of Puget Sound Native Americans, Jan. 30-May 9, Museum of History and Industry, 206-324-1126.
- CPR for Kids 10-16, Feb. 13, 9-11:30a.m., $15, Evergreen Hospital, 425-899-3000.
- "The Frog Prince," Kirkland Performance Center, Feb. 6, shows at 1 and 3 p.m., $6, 425-893-9900; also performed at PUD Auditorium, Feb. 13, 20, 21, shows at 1 and 3p.m., $6, 425-827-3123.
- "Monkey Magic," opening Feb. 5-21, Kirkland Youth Theatre, Fri. and Sat. 7:30p.m.., Sat. and Sun., 2:30p.m., $6-$9. 425-827-3123.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Author Mary Daheim reads preview of "Legs Benedict," Feb. 4, 7p.m., Third Place Books, 366-3333.
- Tacoma Home and Garden Show, Feb. 3-7 at the Tacoma Dome, $7/adults, $5/seniors and juniors, open Feb. 3,4 noon-9p.m.; Feb. 5, 6, 11a.m.-10p.m.; Feb. 7, 11a.m.-6p.m., 253-756-2121.
- Live Big Band Dance, Saturday nights, 8-11 p.m., Seattle Center House, $5, $4/students or groups of 10, $3.50/ groups of 20, $1 at 10p.m. Ballroom dance classes 7 p.m., $2, 684-0765.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Go Cruizin' every Saturday night, 6:30pm, McCorry's, bring classic, antique or Hot Rods, show off your pride and joy: 425-488-0140.
- Bellevue CC's Athletic Department, Spring Training Baseball Camps for Little League Players ages 9-12, 6 weekends to choose from in Feb. and March, 425-641-2356.
- The Edmonds Driftwood Players are holding auditions for "Educating Rita," Feb. 13, 1p.m., Feb. 14, 5p.m, 425-774-9600.
- Pine Nut Players are holding auditions for "He Done Her Wrong" on Feb. 6 11a.m., and "Wait Until Dark" on Feb. 5 8p.m., Feb. 7, 2p.m., 360-794-7101.
- "The Mask of Moriarty," Jan. 21-Feb. 28, Village Theatre, 425-392-2202.
- "The Boyfriend," Feb. 11-March 6, Civic Light Opera, $14-$18, 363-2809, 292-2787 for tickets.
- "Measure for Measure," Feb. 5, 7, 14, 20, 8p.m. Friday and Sat., 2p.m. matinee on Sunday, $10/adults, $8/students, Redwood Theatre, 206-525-3493.
- "Prelude to a Kiss," Jan. 29-Feb. 21, Thurs., Fri. and Sat. at 8p.m., Sun. at 2p.m., Wade James Theatre, $11-$13, 425-774-9600.
- "Raven and the Box of Daylight," Northwest Puppet Center, $5.50-$7.50/tickets, through Feb. 7, 206-523-2579.
- "Annie," Seattle Paramount Theatre, through Feb 7, tickets on sale now: $23-$46.50, 206-292-ARTS.
- Senior Services' Volunteer Transportation Program needs volunteer drivers, 206-448-5740.
- YMCA looking for volunteers, if interested, call 425-485-9797.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls. 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226; or 339-3837.