February 1, 1999
At the Library
Web Navigators Wanted! You can put your computer skills to good use by helping others find their way around cyberspace. Volunteers get a one-day orientation session on how to teach others. Call 425-226-0522 and ask about the NetMaster volunteer program.
For additional information, check the KCLS Web Page: www.kcls.org, or call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600.
Woodinville Library (788-0733)
- Story Time for Two Year Olds, Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24, 9:30a.m.
- Story Time for Ages 3 and up, Feb. 8, 22, 10:30a.m. and 1:30p.m.
- Story Time for Ages 3 and up, Feb. 9, 16, 23, 10:30a.m. or 1:30p.m.
- Family Rock Review and Hootenanny: sing with Vic Mills and partner to classic country and rock favorites, Feb. 6, 1p.m.
- Alter States: The Science of Matter, Feb. 8, 7p.m., ages 6 and up.
- Family Night with Northshore Reading Council, meet local authors and learn about them, Feb. 10, 7p.m.
- Get a head start on your taxes, Feb. 4, 7-8p.m. Topics inculde IRA's, education credits, medical expenses and more.
Bothell Regional Library (486-7811)
- Ready, Set, Read! Feb. 10, 7:30p.m.
- Tax assistance and low income returns for senior citizens, Mondays in Feb., no class Feb. 15, 4-8:30p.m.
- Toddler Time, through Feb. 16, every Tuesday, 9:45a.m.
- Preschool Story Time, every Wednesday, through Feb. 24, 9:30a.m. and 11a.m.
Carnation Library (333-4398)
- Hands-on experiments demonstrating the world of science. Feb. 11, 4p.m., school age.
- Explore the matter of science, Feb. 11, 4p.m.
- Opera Preview for Samuel Barber's Vanessa, Feb. 11, 7:30p.m.
- Preschool Story Time, through Feb. 17, 10:30a.m.-1:30p.m., ages 3 and up.
Fall City Library (222-5951)
- Toddler Time, ages 2-3 with adult, Feb. 9, 9:30a.m.
- Preschool Story Time, Ages 3-6, Feb. 9, 10:30a.m.
Kenmore Library (486-8747)
- Family Reading Night: Visit with Authors, meet Carl Deuker and Brenda Guiberson, Feb. 10, 6:30-8:30p.m.
- Toddler Story Time: Feb. 3, 10, March 10, 17, 24, 31, 9:30a.m., ages 2-3.
- Preschool Story Time: Feb. 3, 10, March 10, 17, 24, 31, 11a.m., ages 3-6.
- Perfect Parenting Solutions to everyday problems, Feb. 3, 7p.m., learn about solving back-talk, lying, teasing, fighting, whining, and more.
Kingsgate Library (821-7686)
- Reading Magic with Jeff Evans, 4p.m., Feb. 10.
- Junior Art Show 1999, Entry Dates: Feb. 11-13. Show Dates: Feb. 16-27, no entry fee, entries judged.
- "Vanessa:" An Opera Preview, Feb. 9, 7:30p.m., adults only.
- Story Time Adventures, Wednesdays through Feb. 24, 10:30a.m., Fridays through Feb. 26, 11:15a.m., ages 3-6.
- Story Time Adventures, ages 2-3, Fridays 10:40a.m.
- Pocketful O' Stories, Mondays through Feb. 22, 2p.m., ages 3-6.
Lake Forest Park Library (362-8860)
- Preschool Story Time: Feb. 9, 11a.m, ages 3-5.
- Toddler Story Time: Feb. 9, 10a.m., children 24-36 months invited also.
Sno Isle Bookmobile (360-659-8447)
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. SE, Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.