February 8, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Snohomish County Republican Women's Club, Feb. 11, public invited, Everett Elks Lodge, 11a.m., 425-252-3504.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, Feb. 13, 1p.m., 483-2693.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Network Breakfast, Feb. 16, 7:30-9a.m., 481-8300.
- Woodinville Water District, Feb. 16, 7p.m., 17238 W-Duvall Rd., 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, Feb. 16, 6p.m.
- Eastside Genealogical Society Meeting, Feb. 11, 7:30p.m., Bellevue Library, 746-8412.
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, meeting Feb. 10, 10:30a.m., West Coast Bellevue Hotel, 425-454-1643.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, Feb. 10, 9:30a.m.-noon, 485-3089.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Lake Whatcom Railway runs special trains Feb. 13, 11a.m. and 1p.m., $10/adults, $5/children, 206-236-2857.
- Andre Feriante will perform a soulful pre-Valentine's Day concert at the Nordstrom Recital Hall in Benaroya Hall, Feb. 12, 8p.m., 206-682-7270.
- Sweet Fun for Valentine's Day at Redmond Town Center: Sweet Treats, Feb. 6-14, receive a chocolate truffle free with purchase of $10 or more at any store; children ages 4-15 invited to write a poem about someone or something they love, presented Feb. 13, 10-11a.m.; KLSY Teddy Bear Patrol, see fire, police and rescue vehicles up close, Feb. 13, 1-3p.m.; 425-867-0808.
- Singles Valentine Party, Feb. 12, 6:30p.m.-1a.m., Crowne Plaza Hotel-Evergreen Ballroom, $16/advance, $20/door, 206-243-8536.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- The Edmonds Driftwood Players are holding auditions for "Educating Rita," Feb. 13, 1p.m., Feb. 14, 5p.m, 425-774-9600.
- Northwest Boychoir Auditions Feb. 20, boys 8-11 years of age, 206-524-3234.
- 'The Klondike from the Inside Out,' Washington State Retired Teachers Overlake Unit 16, noon, 425-827-1249.
- Pondering Parenthood, informative class for couples considering a baby, Feb. 11, 7-9p.m., free, Evergreen Hospital, 425-899-3000.
- American Sign Language Classes, Level 1 Tuesdays Jan. 19-March 9, Level 2, Wednesdays, Jan. 20-March 10, Level 1, Thursdays, Jan.21-March 11, 6:30-8:30p.m., 206-323-5770.
- Men's Relationship Learning Group, Tuesday Nights, 7:30-9p.m., and Anger Managements Group and Therapy Saturdays 9:30-11a.m., 425-486-4966.
- Anger Management Group for adult men and women, $20-$50 for 8 sessions, Saturday mornings, 9:30-10:30a.m., 19502 61st NE, Kenmore, 425-486-4966.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- The Frog Prince; Kirkland Performance Center, PUD Auditorium, Feb. 13, 20, 21, shows at 1 and 3p.m., $6, 425-827-3123.
- Monkey Magic, opening Feb. 5-21, Kirkland Youth Theatre, Fri. and Sat. 7:30p.m.., Sat. and Sun., 2:30p.m., $6-$9. 425-827-3123.
- Special Musical Service by the Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church at Northshore United Christian Church, Feb. 17, 7:30p.m, 486-7693.
- Making Peace with your Past, 12-week Christ-centered support group focusing on the understanding, healing, and closure of childhood abuse and trauma, $30, Queensgate Baptist Church, 425-488-8245.
- Contestants needed for Washington State Christian Talent Contest, semi-finals, Feb. 13, 19, 20, Dightman's Bible Book Center in Tacoma, 425-881-6251.
- Evelyn Glennie and Pro Musica Nipponia make appearance in Seattle Symphony's Popular Culture Series, Feb. 12, 8p.m., Benaroya Hall., 206-215-4747.
African Dance Class, every other Wed., 7-8:30pm, Cherry Valley Community Club, $10 per session: 844-2461.
- Living with Iron III, Works of Northwest Blacksmith Artists, Frame Wright, exhibit runs thru Feb. 16, 425-483-7385.
- Burke Museum: Graphic Culture: Northwest Coast Prints, Nov. 19-May 31; $2.50/student, $4/senior, $5.50/adult, 206-543-7907.
- Call 443-IMAX for IMAX Shows at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- Robert Moore and John Philip Osborne, oil painters, featuring intimate and pastoral landscapes, Howard/Mandville Galleries, 425-889- 8212, Feb. 12-28.
- Paper Wealth, works by Cris Bruch, Kirkland Arts Center, Feb. 11- March 27, Mon.-Fri. 11a.m-6p.m., Sat. 11a.m.-2p.m., 425-822-7161.
- Urban Realist Paintings: Robert Henri and His Circle, Jan. 30-April 4, Frye Art Museum, free, 206-622-9250.
- Brian Murphy, Feb. 4-26, King County Art Gallery, 206-296-7580.
- "Art for the Heart," Feb. 7-14, at Wintergarden, 10a.m.-6p.m., Feb. 14 closes at 2p.m., 425-557-9025.
- Bellevue Art Museum "Blooms" with Fresh Flowers, Jan. 30-April 11, 425-454-3322.
- A Change of Worlds, Photographs and Artifacts of Puget Sound Native Americans, Jan. 30-May 9, Museum of History and Industry, 206-324-1126.
- Plants for the wildlife-friendly gardening, Feb. 16, 7p.m., Community Meeting Room at Crossroads Shopping Mall, $2, 425-868-8324.
- CPR for Kids 10-16, Feb. 13, 9-11:30a.m., $15; Healthy Foods = Healthy Kids, Feb. 17, 6:30-8:30p.m., $10; For Dads Only, common concerns about being a new father, Feb. 16, 7-9p.m., $15; Evergreen Hospital, 425-899-3000.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- The Academy of Children's Theatre sponsors a playwriting contest, deadline April 1, 509-734-1110.
- Beanie Baby Show, Feb. 15, 503-655-9701.
- 16th Annual Aberdeen Rain or Shine Dixieland Jazz Festival Feb. 12-14, sites: Aberdeen Elks, The Nordic Inn, Aberdeen Rotary Log Pavillion, Fri. 7p.m., Sat. 11a.m., Sun. 9a.m. and 11a.m., 1-360-533-2910.
- The Whale Show, by Dinamations, Everett Mall, opens Feb. 12, hands-on activities for kids, free, open during mall hours, 425-743-2722.
- Center for Career Alternatives annual dinner at Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers, March 4, silent auction 5p.m., 206-322-9080.
- Single Sixties, ages 60-69, variety of activities, 425-776-7816.
- Win $500 in 1999 Floating Bridge Press Poetry Chapbook Award, deadline Feb. 15, for rules write to Floating Bridge Press, P.O. Box 18814, Seattle, WA 98118, 206-860-0508.
- Live Big Band Dance, Saturday nights, 8-11 p.m., Seattle Center House, $5, $4/students or groups of 10, $3.50/ groups of 20, $1 at 10p.m. Ballroom dance classes 7 p.m., $2, 684-0765.
- Woodinville Classic Cruisers, Go Cruizin' every Saturday night, 6:30pm, McCorry's, bring classic, antique or hot rods, show off your pride and joy: 425-488-0140.
- Bellevue CC's Athletic Department, Spring Training Baseball Camps for Little League Players ages 9-12, 6 weekends to choose from in Feb. and March, 425-641-2356.
- Individual counseling for women with a certified mental health therapist, $25-$60, 206-980-8099.
- "Romeo and Juliet," Feb. 5- March 7, The Children's Museum Theatre, Thurs-Sat. 7:30p.m., Sundays 2p.m., $10-$18, 206-286-0728.
- 5th Avenue Musical Theatre presents "Camelot," Feb. 16- March 7, $19-$48, 206-292-ARTS.
- "Broadway in Love," presented by Pine Nut Players, includes songs from "Oklahoma!," "My Fair Lady," "Kiss Me Kate," and "Cabaret," Feb. 12, 13, 8p.m., Feb. 14, 2p.m., Monroe Play House, 360-794-5451.
- "The Mask of Moriaty," Jan. 21-Feb. 28, Village Theatre, 425-392-2202.
- "The Boyfriend," Feb. 11-March 6, Civic Light Opera, $14-$18, 363-2809, 292-2787 for tickets.
- "Measure for Measure," Feb. 14, 20, 8p.m. Friday and Sat., 2p.m. matinee on Sunday, $10/adults, $8/students, Redwood Theatre, 206-525-3493.
- "Prelude to a Kiss," Jan. 29-Feb. 21, Thurs., Fri. and Sat. at 8p.m., Sun. at 2p.m., Wade James Theatre, $11-$13, 425-774-9600.
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus seeking volunteers to assist in a variety of tasks, 425-881-0445.
- Senior Services' Volunteer Transportation Program needs volunteer drivers, 206-448-5740.
- YMCA looking for volunteers, if interested, call 425-485-9797.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program looking for volunteers to help elderly, 206-694-6775.
- Woodland Park Zoo seeking volunteer docents, must be at least 18, training course begins March. 13, 206-684-4845.
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of King County needs people to help assist people with MS, 206-633-2606.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Redmond Co-op Preschool registering 3-4 year olds, Feb. 11, tuiton ranges from $38-$57, 885-2888.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226; or 339-3837.