February 8, 1999
Top 20 NASCAR drivers honored
Over 300 local NASCAR Stars, crews, sponsors, friends, and family, as well as local dignitaries, gathered this past weekend at the Howard Johnson's Plaza Hotel in Everett to honor the Top 20 drivers in three NASCAR Winston Racing Series divisions competing at nearby Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington. The honors included local drivers:
- Most Improved: Super Stocks, Greg Bennett, Monroe.
- Rookie of the Year: Bombers, Tom Ochiltree, Bothell.
- Sportsman of the Year: Mini Stocks, Scott LaCross, Bothell; Super Stocks, Matt Kelly, Mountlake Terrace.
- Best Appearing: Super Stocks, Matt Kelly, Mountlake Terrace.
- Fast Time: #21, Pete Jensen, Monroe, 4-11-98, 19.654.
- Track Record: #12, Kelly Mann, Monroe, 4-23-98, 26.350.