February 15, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- FEMALE, Feb. 17, 7:30-9:30p.m., Northshore UCC, 425-844-2641.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Feb. 17, 7:30p.m., 140th NE at Hollywood, 483-3200.
- Woodinville Historical Society, Feb. 18, 7:30p.m., Towne Bank, 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, Feb. 19, 1p.m., Sammamish Valley Grange, 483-3200.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Feb. 23, 7p.m., 483-2693.
- Northshore School Board, Feb. 22, 7:30p.m., 18315 Bothell Way NE, 489-6000.
- Financial Strategies for Seniors, Sno-King School Retirees, Feb. 18, 1:30p.m., board room of Edmonds School District Administrative Center, 425-483-8344.
- Eastside Women's Forum, Network Breakfast, Feb. 24, 6:45a.m., Bellevue Club, $22/guests, 425-822-2359.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm: 489-2700.
- REI, Learn more about the 2 most important tools of the trade: map and compass, free, begin at 7p.m., 882-1158.
- Free Microsoft Technical Briefings, Feb. 24, 25, Washington State Convention and Trade Center, 9:30-4p.m. each day, register, 800-550-4300.
- American Sign Language Classes, Level 1 Tuesdays Jan. 19-March 9, Level 2, Wednesdays, Jan. 20-March 10, Level 1, Thursdays, Jan.21-March 11, 6:30-8:30p.m., 206-323-5770.
- Swing Dancing, every Wed., 6:30-7:30p.m. Swing, 7:30-10p.m. Dancing, $5 donation, Seattle Center House, 206-684-7200.
- Free Job Search Workshops for 55 years +, Dec. 9, 9am-12:30pm, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 206-684-0500.
- Peter and the Wolf, Olympic Bellt Theatre, Feb. 20, Everett Performing Arts Theatre: 774-7570.
- The Frog Prince; Kirkland Performance Center, PUD Auditorium, Feb. 20, 21, shows at 1 and 3p.m., $6, 425-827-3123.
- Monkey Magic, opening Feb. 5-21, Kirkland Youth Theatre, Fri. and Sat. 7:30p.m., Sat. and Sun., 2:30p.m., $6-$9. 425-827-3123.
- Explore psychic abilities with others in a safe, grounded setting, Church of Divine Man, Feb. 19, 7p.m, 425-258-1449.
- Special Musical Service by the Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church at Northshore United Christian Church, Feb. 17, 7:30p.m, 486-7693.
- Making Peace with your Past, 12-week Christ-centered support group focusing on the understanding, healing, and closure of childhood abuse and trauma, $30, Queensgate Baptist Church, 425-488-8245.
- Contestants needed for Washington State Christian Talent Contest, semi-finals, Feb. 19, 20, Dightman's Bible Book Center in Tacoma, 425-881-6251.
- Langley Mystery Weekend, Feb. 20, 21, 10a.m.-5p.m., streets of Lengley on Whidbey Island, 360-221-6765.
- Woodland Park Zoological Gardens, Lecture: Breeding Elephants at the Zoo, Feb. 18, 7p.m., $5-6, 206-684-4800.
- Tet Festival: unveil the traditions of the Vietnamese Lunar New Year, Feb. 20-21, Seattle Center, 441-5085.
- Pop's Beanie Baby Show, Doubletree Hotel, Feb. 21, 9a.m.-4p.m., 503-655-9701.
- Seattle Goodwill Computer Sale, Feb. 20, 206-329-1000.
- Auction of Fine Art, Bellevue Hilton, Feb. 20, 8p.m., Feb. 21, 3p.m., Park West Gallery, 800-521-9654.
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, Feb. 18, 7p.m., First United Methodist Church, 206-325-7724.
- Bellevue Chamber Chorus seeking volunteers to assist in a variety of tasks, 425-881-0445.
- Senior Services' Volunteer Transportation Program needs volunteer drivers, 206-448-5740.
- YMCA looking for volunteers, if interested, call 425-485-9797.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program looking for volunteers to help elderly, 206-694-6775.
- Woodland Park Zoo seeking volunteer docents, must be at least 18, training course begins March. 13, 206-684-4845.
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of King County needs people to help assist people with MS, 206-633-2606.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friends, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843 ext. 226 or 339-3837.