March 8, 1999
At the Library
King County Library System now offers patrons access to several research databases, including Britannica Online, ProQuest Direct, CQ Researcher, and Ancestry.com.
King County Library System invites you to participate in Beyond Words: Celebrating America's Libraries, a photo contest designed to give you the opportunity to express your vision of libraries. Pick up an entry for at any library KCLS branch.
For additional information, check the KCLS Web Page: www.kcls.org, or call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600.
Woodinville Library (788-0733)
- Used book sale: the Woodinville Friends of the Library will hold their Spring used book sale on March 13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Materials for sale include hardbacks, paperbacks, magazines, and children's books. Proceeds benefit library programs. Call for more information.
- Story Time for Two-Year-Olds, March 10, 17, 24, and 31, 9:30a.m.
- Story Time for Ages 3 and up, March 15, 22, 29, 10:30a.m. and 1:30p.m.
- Story Time for Ages 3 and up, March 16, 23, 30, 10:30a.m. or 1:30p.m.
Bothell Regional Library (486-7811)
- Tax Assistance for Senior Citizens and Low-Income Tax Returns, March 15, 4-8:30p.m., or March 11, 18, 10a.m.-5p.m., or March 13, 20, 10a.m.-2p.m.
- Toddler Time, every Tuesday, through April 6, 9:45a.m, ages 1 1/2-2 1/2.
- Preschool Story Time, every Wednesday, through April 7, 9:30a.m. and 11a.m, ages 4-6.
Kenmore Library (486-8747)
- Toddler Story Time: March 10, 17, 24, 31, 9:30a.m., ages 2-3.
- Preschool Story Time: March 10, 17, 24, 31, 11a.m., ages 3-6.
Kingsgate Library (821-7686)
- Annual Used Book Sale, paperback and hardback books in good condition, cassettes, compact discs, videos, and magazines, March 12, 6-9p.m., March 13, 10a.m-5p.m., March 14, 1-5p.m., March 15, 10a.m.-9p.m.
Lake Forest Park Library (362-8860)
- Story Time for Ages 2-3, March 16, 23, 30, 10a.m
- Story Time for Ages 3-5, March 16, 23, 30, 11a.m.
- Dr. Smuggly's Chemical Crackups, March 12, 7p.m.
- Pizza and Books, March 10, 4p.m., ages 11 and up.
- Free beginner class on Microsoft Word and accessing the Web via Internet Explorer offered various days and times, call for more info.
Sno Isle Bookmobile (360-659-8447)
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. SE, Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.