April 19, 1999
Chateau Ste. Michelle announces 1999 Summer Concert Series
Tickets for Chateau Ste. Michelle's 1999 Summer Concert Series will go on sale May 1 at 10 a.m. The concerts are held in the winery's outdoor amphitheater. Net proceeds from the series are used to support the winery's charitable contributions programs.
For tickets, call Ticketmaster at (206) 628-0888, or purchase in person at any Ticketmaster outlet. Tickets may also be purchased at the Chateau Ste. Michelle wine shop from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
All performances take place regardless of weather, and all shows feature general festival seating on the grass. Tickets still available on the day of performances will be sold in the wine shop and at the south gate entrance ticket booth. Selected concerts will feature pre-event wine and food receptions in the winery's banquet room, featuring a buffet of heavy appetizers paired with Chateau Ste. Michelle wines. Call Ticketmaster for tickets.
This year's lineup includes:
- Sarah Brightman, Sat., June 12, 7 p.m.
- Ottmar Leibert, Sun., June 20, 7 p.m.
- Bill Cosby, Thurs., June 24, 8 p.m.
- Wynonna, Sun., June 27, 7 p.m.
- Bellevue Philharmonic Orchestra (with fireworks), Sun., July 4, 7:30 p.m.
- Manhattan Transfer, Fri., July16, 7 p.m.
- Diana Krail with Kevin Mahogany, Sat., July 17, 7 p.m.
- Natalie Cole, Sat., July 24, 7 p.m.
- Peter, Paul and Mary, Sat., July 31, 7 p.m.
- Bruce Hornsby, Fri., Aug. 6, 7 p.m.
- 89.9 Smooth Jazz Festival (Spyro Gyra, Keiko Matsui, Lee Ritenour, Diane Schuur), Sat., Aug 7, 3 p.m.
- 98.9 Smooth Jazz Festival (David Sanborn, Earl Klugh, Bob James, and Jeff Lorber), Sun., Aug. 8, 3 p.m.
- B.B. King Blues Festival, Sun., Aug. 15, 5 p.m.
- Chicago, Fri., Sept. 3, 7 p.m. and Sat., Sept. 4, 7 p.m.
- Tom Jones, Sun., Sept. 5, 7 p.m.