April 26, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Moms and Moppets, May 4, 9-11:30am, Eastside Four Square Church: (425) 488-2500.
- Woodinville Fire District, May 4, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Woodinville Water District, May 4, 7pm, 17238, W-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, May 5, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, May 5, 7:30pm, 140th NE: 483-3200.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, David Douglas Chapter, "Finding Your Military Ancestors," Redmond Senior Center, May 5, 9:30-11:30am; regular meeting at Redmond Library, April 29, 1pm; (425) 821-7966.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
BAZAAR & CRAFT SHOWS
- ERDT (Educational Resource Development Trust) looking to place high school students with area families: (206) 352-8492.
- 27th annual Spring Boutique, Hollywood schoolhouse, free admission, April 29-May1, 9:30am-9pm.
- University of Washington Coaches Tour stop in Everett, May 3, Everett Golf and Country Club, noon, $75-$85: 1-800-AUW-ALUM.
- Mother's Day Pancake Breakfast, May 9, 8am-1pm, at the NILE Shrine in Mountlake Terrace, $5/adult, $3/children: 425-438-0307.
- Pop's Beanie Baby Show, May 2, Doubletree Hotel in Bellevue, 9am-4pm: (503) 655-9701.
- Shellfish Lovers Ultimate Rejuvination Party (SLURP), celebrate Shellfish, May 2, 4-8pm, Olympia Country and Golf Club: (360) 754-2744.
- Scrapbooking at the Overexposed Scrapbookers Expo, April 30-May 1, Western Washington Fairgrounds Pavillion Hall: (206) 248-0940.
- Write On Calligraphers presents 17th annual Letters of Joy Festival, April 30, 6-10pm, May 1, 8am-6pm, Edmonds Community College, $35/members, $40/non-members: (425) 745-1347.
- Redmond Saturday Market grand opening May 1, 8am-2pm, Leary Way: 882-5151.
- The Woodinville Toddler Group is having a yard sale with maternity and children's clothing and items, Northshore United Church of Christ, 9am-1pm, May 1: (425) 821-4079.
- Chocolate Lover's Gala benefits victims and survivors of domestic violence, May 2, Everett Marine View Reception and Conference Center, 2-5pm, $25: (425) 259-2827.
- Potter's Sale, April 29-May 1, 9am-7:30pm, Happy Valley Grange: (206) 868-3989.
- The Maltby Community Club presents the Starving Housewives Mother's Day at Maltby Craft Show, May 5-8, 10am-8pm.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Camp Fire summer camps: Day camps, for grades K-7, 9:30am-3:30pm daily: (206) 461-8550; Camp Sealth for grades 10-12: (206) 461-8550; family camping: (206) 461-8550.
- Girl Scout summer camps: (206) 633-5600 or (800)767-6845.
- Millennium Technology Outlook Forum, May 1, Washington Cathedral, 9:30am-2:30pm, talk about Y2K: (425) 861-3824.
- Humane Society offers companion animal workshops, "Preparing Pets for a new baby," May 4, 7-9pm, faculty in Bellevue: (425) 649-7554.
- Performing Arts Festival of the Eastside present at Bellevue Christian Church the Festival Winners Recognition Concerts, April 30, 7:30pm, May 1, 5 amd 7:30pm: (425) 747-9738.
- Seattle Symphony presents "Peter Ibbetson," Benaroya Hall, April 29, 7:30pm, and May 1, 8pm: (206) 215-4747.
- Urban Demonstration Garden now open, Lake Hills on SE 16th St., Bellevue: (425) 485-5942.
- Garden Club Plant Sale, May 1, 9am till sold out, 5724 NE 190th in the Kenmore area: (206) 368-8573.
- Works by Italian Artist Carlo Maria Mariani at the Frye Art Museum thru June 27, free: (206) 622-9250.
- International Conference on Integrative Medicine (ICIM) April 30-May 2, panel on May 1, 6:45-8:15pm, Washington Trade and Convention Center: (206) 622-2812.
- National Anxiety Disorders Screening Day, May 5, free: (425) 640-4066.
- Franklin High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, September 10-12: 206-722-7525.
- Lincoln High School, Class of '54, 45-year reunion, June 19: 425-771-9087.
- "Into the Woods," Studio East Theatre, 402 6th St. South, Kirkland, April 23-May 9: (425) 827-3123.
- Redmond's Redwood Theatre will present "Charley's Aunt," April 30-May 15, Friday/Sat. at 8pm, Sun. matinee at 2pm, $10: (206) 525-3493.
- "Wait Until Dark," Pine Nut Players, Monroe Play House thru May 1, Friday and Saturdays at 8pm: (360) 794-5451.
- "Godspell," May 7-8 at 7:30pm at Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church, $5: (206) 364-2712.
- "They All Played Ragtime," a revue, April 30, May 1, Hokum Hall, 7904 35th Ave. SW, Seattle: (206) 937-3613.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Literacy Volunteers Needed, help someone learn English or read and write better, call (425) 844-2459 for more information.
- Individuals and families who are interested in learning about volunteering opportunities throughout King County come to the Pacific Science Center April 29, 5:30-8pm.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- The Carousel Program of Hospice of Snohomish County offering 1-day gathering for kids, 6-11 yrs. old who are grieving the loss of someone, May 1, 10am-1:45pm, First Presbyterian Church on Rockefeller in Everett: (425) 261-4807.
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226, or 339-3837.