May 3, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Community Council For Cottage Lake Park, May 5, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, May 5, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, May 5, 7:30pm, 140th NE: 483-3200.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, David Douglas Chapter; "Finding Your Military Ancestors," Redmond Senior Center, May 5, 9:30-11:30am: (425) 821-7966.
- Eastside Mother's Club, May 6, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: (425) 827-6758.
- Nutritional Weight Loss and Skin Care, free meeting, May 8, 10am, downtown Woodinville: (888) 773-0274.
- Evergreen Community Hospital Care regular meeting May 10, 6:15am: (425) 899-1881.
- General Meeting of 1st Legislative District Democrats, May 10, 7:30pm, Ricketts Building, Bothell: 821-2015.
- Northshore School Board, May 11, 3:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, May 11, 11:30am: 481-8300.
- Woodinville Lions Club, May 11, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Business Women's Fellowship, quarterly meeting, Wyndham Garden Hotel, May 11, 6:30-8:30pm, $22 due by May 7: (425) 485-5557.
- Cascade Chapter DAR, West Coast Bellevue Hotel, May 12, 10:30am: (425) 454-1643.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
BAZAAR & CRAFT SHOWS
- Mother's Day Basket Class, May 8, 10-11:30am, and 1-2:30pm, $15/parent and one child, $21/parent and two children, Three Cedars School: (425) 401-9874.
- Mother's Day Pancake Breakfast, May 9, 8am-1pm, at the NILE Shrine in Mountlake, $5/adult, $3/children: 425-438-0307.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- The Maltby Community Club presents the Starving Housewives Mother's Day at Maltby Craft Show, May 5-8, 10am-8pm.
- The Craft Supply Sale and Spring Designer Disaster Sale, May 8, 10am-4pm, Knights of Columbus Hall-24323 Bothell Everett Hiway, Bothell.
- AAA Driver Improvement Program, May 17-18, 5:45-9:45pm, AAA Corporate Headquarters, $10/member, $25/non-member: 1-800-462-3728.
- "Suddenly Single," Navigating the Financial World, May 12, 12-1pm, Trition Union Building, Room 202, last day to register May 10, $5: (425) 640-1309.
- 55 and looking for work? Free workshop to learn how to write the winning resume, how to market yourself and how to find a job, May 12, 9-11:30am, Seattle Center House: (206) 684-0500.
- Seattle International Children's Festival, May 10-15, Seattle Center, A Celebration of World Cultures through Performing Arts: (206) 684-7346.
- Eastside Interfaith Social Concerns Council, May 11, noon-1:30pm, Chapel Lounge at First Presbyterian Church, "One Face at a Time:" 425-747-9640.
- Performing Arts Festival of the Eastside at Bellevue Christian Church the Festival Winners Recognition Concert, May 5 amd 7:30pm: (425) 747-9738.
- Lake Washington Singers presents "Making Music," May 8, 7:30pm, Lake Washington United Methodist Church, $5/adults, $3/students: (425) 881-3041.
- The 20th annual Exhibition of student work, May 3-28, College Gallery at Shoreline Community College; (206) 546-4101, ext. 4433.
- The 2nd annual Juried Printmaking Exhibition, May 6-June 5, Kirkland Arts Center: (425) 889-2963.
- Works by Italian artist Carlo Maria Mariani at the Frye Art Museum thru June 27, free: (206) 622-9250.
- Urban Demonstration Garden now open, Lake Hills on SE 16th St., Bellevue: (425) 485-5942.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, May 11, 9:30am-noon: 823-8416.
- King County Master Gardener Foundation Free Workshop, May 8, 10:30am: (425) 485-5942.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden, Washington Native Plant Society hosting a native plant sale, May 8, 10am-4pm: (206) 634-1209.
- National Anxiety Disorders Screening Day, May 5, free: (425) 640-4066.
- New Help for Brain and Body Toxics, Behavior, Learning Physical Disorders, May 8, Well Mind Association Symposium at Bastyr University, $35-$65: (206) 547-6167.
- Franklin High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, September 10-12: 206-722-7525.
- Lincoln High School, Class of '54, 45-year reunion, June 19: 425-771-9087.
- "Into the Woods," Studio East Theatre, 402 6th St. South, Kirkland, thru May 9: (425) 827-3123.
- Redmond's Redwood Theatre will present "Charley's Aunt," thru May 15, Friday/Sat. at 8pm, Sun. matinee at 2pm, $10: (206) 525-3493.
- "Godspell", May 7-8 at 7:30pm at Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church, $5: (206) 364-2712.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help todays girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Literacy Volunteers Needed, help someone learn English or read and write better, call (425) 844-2459 for more information.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers: 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Finn Hill Coop Preschool is now enrolling for fall of 1999, openings for 2-5 yrs. old: (425) 485-1577.
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226, or 339-3837.