May 10, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, West Coast Bellevue Hotel, May 12, 10:30am: (425) 454-1643.
- Eastside Genealogical society, May 13, 7:30pm, Bellevue Library: 888-3947.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, May 14, 1pm: 483-2693.
- Evergreen Community Health Care King County Public Hospital District No. 2, regular monthly board meeting, May 17, 7pm: 425-899-1881.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Network Breakfast, May 18, 7:30-9am: 481-8300.
- Woodinville Water District, May 18, 7pm: 17238 Wood-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire and Life Safety District, May 18, 6pm, 19900 144th NE:483-2131.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, May 19, 7:30pm: 483-3200.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
- 55 and looking for work? Attend free workshop to learn how to write the winning resume, how to market yourself, and how to find a job, May 12, 9-11:30am, Seattle Center House: (206) 684-0500.
- Seattle International Children's Festival, thru May 15, Seattle Center, A Celebration of World Cultures through Performing Arts: (206) 684-7346.
- Vegetarian Cooking Class, beginning May 13 and meeting Thursday's at 7:30pm, Woodinville SDA Church, $25, pre-registration required: 788-0320.
- Redmond Garden Club annual plant sale held May 15, 9am-3pm, 17336 NE 129th St.: 885-5725.
- King County Master Gardener Foundation free Workshop, May 15, 10:30am: 425-485-5942.
- Horse Safari, May 22, 9am-1pm, Equifriends, $12: (425) 337-1137.
- Pokemon comes to Pacific Science Center, training session are free, kids 6-14, May 16: 206-443-2001.
- Washington Stamp Show, May 15,16, Bellevue VFW #2995 Hall, free stamps given to all children, free parking and admission, 10am-5;30pm: 425-487-2789.
- University of Washington Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55 or over with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.
- Pacific Northwest Ballet performing Diversions, Lambarena and Quaternary at Kirkland Performance Center May 14-16 at 7:30pm, matinee on May 15 at 2pm: 425-893-9900.
- The Cascadian Chorale presents C'est Magnifique, A Cole Porter Review, May 15, 7:30pm, May 16 at 3pm, Wintergarden at Bellevue Place: 206-286-6028.
- Eastside Symphony presenting 2 free concerts, May 16, Bellevue United Methodist Church, 3pm; May 23, Redmond Senior Center, 3pm: 425-821-9439.
- Ernestine Anderson, Benaroya Hall, May 16, 8pm, $50/general admission, $35/seniors and students.
- Compagnie ECART from France making first appearance in Puget Sound, May 14-23, Meydenbauer Center, Westlake Mall Park, and Third Place Books: 206-542-5663.
- Call 206-443-IMAX for IMAX Shows; 206-443-2850 for Laser Shows, and 206-443-2001 for general information at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850.
- The 20th Annual Exhibition of student work through May 28, College Gallery at Shoreline Community College, (206) 546-4101, ext. 4433.
- The 2nd Annual Juried Printmaking Exhibition, through June 5, Kirkland Arts Center: (425) 889-2963.
- The Children's World Learning Center hosting community garage sale, May 15, 9am-noon: 425-881-0742.
- Franklin High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, September 10-12: 206-722-7525.
- Lincoln High School, Class of '54, 45-year reunion, June 19: 425-771-9087.
- Woodinville High School, Class of '89, 10-year reunion, July 31, Embassy Suites, Bellevue: 425-644-1044.
- Inglemoor High School, Class of '89, 10-year reunion, August 7, Hilton Hotel, Seattle: 425-644-1044.
- Inglemoor High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, August 21, Embassy Suites, Bellevue: 425-644-1044.
- Bothell High School, Class of '89, September 25, Bellevue Hilton: 425-644-1044.
- Redmond's Redwood Theatre will present Charley's Aunt, thru May 15, Friday/Sat. at 8pm, Sun. matinee at 2pm, $10: (206) 525-3493.
- A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum, May 13, Village Theatre: 425-392-2202.
- Girl Scouts looking for adult volunteers to help today's girls face issues in our world, 800-767-6845.
- Literacy Volunteers Needed, help someone learn English or read and write better, call (425) 844-2459 for more information.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday, 425-462-4392.
- Senior Services Senior Rights Assistance looking for volunteers to help seniors to connect with services, 206-448-5720.
- Blood Center needs volunteers: 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Finn Hill Coop Preschool is now enrolling for fall of 1999, openings for 2-5 yrs. old: (425) 485-1577.
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226, or 339-3837.