June 7, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Water District, June 15, 7 p.m., 17238 W. Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305
- Woodinville Fire District, June 15, 6 p.m., 19900 144th NE.: 483-2131.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, June 16, 7:30 p.m., 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, July 9, 9:30-noon: 485-3089.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, July 9, 1 p.m. at 19008 168th NE: 483-2693
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce (Network Breakfast), June 15, 7:30-9 a.m.: 481-8300, RSVP.
- Eastside Genealogical Society, June 10, 7:30 p.m., Bellevue Library, 1111 110th Avenue NE, Bellevue.
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, West Coast Bellevue Hotel, June 9, 10:30am, lunch at noon, "Our Patriot Ancestors:" 425-454-1643.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Aikido, small group in Kenmore meets Sun. 6:30-8pm, Tues. and Thurs. 7-8:30pm, $40 month: 425-806-0703.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Totem Lake Mall Sports Card & Beanie Baby Supershow, June 12-13, 12620 120th Ave. NE, Kirkland: 360-653-5527.
- Auction, Saturday, June 12, 6 p.m.-8:30, Church of Divine Man, 2402 Summit Ave., Everett: 425-258-1449.
- Volvo Leukemia Cup Regatta, June 12-13, 10 a.m.: 206-628-0777.
- Marysville Strawberry Festival, Friday, June 11, Wed. June 16, Sunday, June 20: 360-659-7664.
- Trans-Lake Washington Study, proposed solutions, Monday, June 14, 7:30-9:30pm, Museum of History & Industry auditorium, 2700 24th East, Seattle.
- East King County Convention Visitors Bureau, Transportation in East King County with speaker Kemper Freeman, Jr., Thurs., June 17, 11:30 a.m.-1:30pm, $22, Embassy Suites Hotel, 3225 158th Ave. SE, Bellevue. RSVP: 425-455-1926.
- Live Big Band Dances, Saturday Nights, Seattle Center House, 8-11pm, $5.
- University District Farmers Market ripe for the picking, open 9am-2pm every Saturday until November 6, University Heights Center: 206-633-0124.
- King County Master Gardener Foundation Gardener free workshop, Sat., June 12, 10:30 a.m., Master Gardener Demonstration Garden, 15416 SE 16th, Bellevue: 425-485-5942.
- Urban Demonstration Garden now open, Lake Hills on SE 16th St., Bellevue: (425) 485-5942.
- Roses, Rabbits, Tea, and Tarts, June 8, 9, 10 and 11, convention at Bellevue Inn: 425-746-8399.
- Pacific Northwest Art Council's Annual Artist Garden Tour, $6-$12, Seattle Art Museum: 206-654-3121.
- Works by Italian Artist Carlo Maria Mariani at the Frye Art Museum thru June 27, free: (206) 622-9250.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Summer Nature Day Camp, M-F, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., $125: 206-543-8801.
- Shoreline Community College Volleyball Camp, July 12-16, July 19-23, July 26-30; 8am-2pm; 16101 Greenwood Ave. N.: 206-546-4746.
- Legal Strategies for Longterm Care, Wednesday, June 9, 10-11:30am: 425-487-2441.
- Washington Native Plant Society will offer natural history workshops focusing on northwest habitats, June 12 and 13, or June 19 and 20: 206-783-6710.
- Job Search Workshops for seniors 55+, June 9, Seattle Center House Conference Room B, 9am: 684-0500.
- Spring Dance Concert, Monday, June 14, 6:30 & 7:45 p.m., Shorecrest Performing Arts Center: 206-528-8183.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center, call 206-443-2850. Now playing thru June: Sentimental Journey and Laser Motown.