June 14, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Historical Society, June 17, 7:30pm, Towne Bank: 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, June 18, 1pm, Sammamish Valley Grange: 483-3200.
- Woodinville Lions Club, June 22, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- The Board of Commissioners of King County Public Hospital District Hospital No. 2, study session, June 18, 4-6pm, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center: 425-899-2622.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, July 9, 9:30-noon: 485-3089.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, July 9, 1 p.m. at 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Aikido, small group in Kenmore meets Sun. 6:30-8pm, Tues. and Thurs. 7-8:30pm, $40 month: 425-806-0703.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Kids can enjoy activities at the Burke Museum centered around (Mon.) archaeology, (Tues.) dinosaurs, (Wed.) scary fishes, (Thurs.) animal tracks, and (Fri.) nature kits; sign them up for a week of workshops that cover a topic a day: ages 6-14, hours 10am-12:30pm, $80 whole week, $20/day:206-543-5591.
- Girl Scout summer camps: (206) 633-5600 or (800) 767-6845.
- Washington Native Plant Society will offer natural history workshops focusing on northwest habitats, June 19 and 20: 206-783-6710.
- The Coventry Handbell Ringers from First Presbyterian Church of North Carolina will present a concert at Lake Washington Church, June 24, 7:30pm: 704-332-5123.
- Vacation Bible School Registration opens at Washington Cathedral, $19 for Monday through Thursday session, and $8 for The Enchanted Village field trip on Friday: 425-861-1375.
- King County Master Gardener Foundation Free Workshop, June 19, 10:30am, Topic: Fuschias: 425-485-5942.
- The Mystery of Color in the Garden, Bellevue Botanical Garden, June 24, 7pm, $20/non-members: 425-451-3755.
- Urban Demonstration Garden now open, Lake Hills on SE 16th St., Bellevue: (425) 485-5942.
- Pacific Northwest Art Council's Annual Artist Garden Tour, $6-$12, Seattle Art Museum: 206-654-3121.
- Works by Italian Artist Carlo Maria Mariani at the Frye Art Museum thru June 27, free: (206) 622-9250.
- Free yourself from physical-mental habits that limit personal growth, performance, generate pain, or cause injuries, thru June 30, 8:15-9:30, $95: 425-820-0399.
- UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55 or over with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.