June 21, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, July 9, 9:30-noon: 485-3089.
- East KingCo Rock Club, June 28, 7pm child, 7:30pm adults, Fellowship Hall at Rose Hill Presbyterian Church: 425-861-7050.
- Northshore School Board, June 28, 7:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Lions Club, June 29, 7pm; Woodinville Lions club Friday Pinochle, June 25, 1pm; 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Clover Leaf Rebekah Lodge, June 26, 8-11am, 10116 WE 185th Bothell: 488-8457.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, July 9, 1 p.m. at 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Take Off Pounds Sensible at Tops, 9am, Emmanuel Presbyterian Church: 425-481-4481.
- Aikido, small group in Kenmore meets Sun. 6:30-8pm, Tues. and Thurs. 7-8:30pm, $40 month: 425-806-0703.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Pop's Beanie Baby Show, Doubletree Hotel, June 27, 9am-4pm: 503-655-9701.
- Washington State Chapter of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance presents a Spring Dance, June 26, 8pm-midnight, Kirkland Congregational Church Fellowship Hall, $12: 206-781-3529.
- Shoreline Arts Festival, June 26-27, Sat. 10am-7pm, Sun. 11am-5pm, Shoreline Center: 206-542-1989.
- Rummage Sale to benefit Clothes For Kids, 9am-3pm, June 26: 425-670-7285.
- Classic Outlaw Car Club sponsoring car show at the World Concern parking lot at 19802 Highway 99 in Lynnwood, 9am-5pm, July 17: 360-652-6237.
- Learning and Sharing for Today's Caregivers, Everett Community College Parks Student Union Bldg.: 425-388-7377.
- The Continuing Education Department of Shoreline Community College, June 26, 8:30am-4:30pm, $35, Northshore Senior Center, Flagger Training: 206-546-4562.
- Photography Classes, Northshore Senior Center, $65, Beginning Photography, Tuesdays 7-9pm 6/20-8/3; Photography and the Art of Seeing, Thursdays 7-9pm, 7/1-7/29: 206-546-4562.
- The Coventry Handbell Ringers from First Presbyterian Church of North Carolina will present a concert at Lake Washington Church, June 24, 7:30pm: 704-332-5123.
- Summer Services at Wooden Cross Lutheran Church in Woodinville, Sunday mornings at 9am, and Thursday evenings at 7:30pm: 425-788-3626.
- Vacation Bible School Registration opens at Washington Cathedral, $19 for Monday through Thursday session, and $8 for The Enchanted Village field trip on Friday: 425-861-1375.
- Make Tracks to see Wolves at Pacific Science center IMAX, along with Into the Deep and EVEREST: 206-443-IMAX for IMAX Shows; 206-443-2850 for Laser Shows, and 206-443-2001 for general information at the Pacific Science Center.
- For information on Laser Shows at the Pacific Science Center call 206-443-2850, now playing thru June: Sentimental Journey and Laser Motown.
- Ikebana Exhibition by the Seattle Sogetsu Branch, the Seattle Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park, June 26-27, 11am-4pm, demonstrations 2-3pm: 425-489-1992.
- The Mystery of Color in the Garden, Bellevue Botanical Garden, June 24, 7pm, $20/non-members: 425-451-3755.
- Urban Demonstration Garden now open, Lake Hills on SE 16th St., Bellevue: (425) 485-5942.
- King County Master Gardener Foundation Gardener free Workshop, June 26, 10:30am: 425-485-5942.
- Pacific Northwest Art Council's Annual Artist Garden Tour, $6-$12, Seattle Art Museum: 206-654-3121.
- Works by Italian Artist Carlo Maria Mariani at the Frye Art Museum thru June 27, free: (206) 622-9250.
- Arboretum Nature Day Camp, M-F, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., $125: 206-543-8801.
- Shoreline Community College Volleyball Camp, July 12-16, July 19-23, July 26-30. 8 a.m.-2 p.m. 16101 Greenwood Ave. N.: 206-546-4746.
- Vacation Bible School, June 28-July 2, 9:45-1 p.m. Age 5-6th grade.: 425-486-7103.
- Camp Fire summer camps: Day camps, for grades K-7, 9:30am-3:30pm daily: (206) 461-8550; Camp Sealth for grades 10-12: (206) 461-8550; Family camping: (206) 461-8550.
- Kids on the Block Summer Camp, July 12-15, 10am-2pm, Marysville Middle School: 425-258-3594.
- Kids can enjoy activities at the Burke Museum centered around (Mon.) archaeology, (Tues.) dinosaurs, (Wed.) scary fishes, (Thurs.) animal tracks, and (Fri.) nature kits, sign them up for a week of workshops that cover a topic a day: ages 6-14, hours 10am-12:30pm, $80 whole week, $20/day:206-543-5591.
- Girl Scout summer camps: (206) 633-5600 or (800) 767-6845.
- Free yourself from physical-mental habits that limit personal growth, performance, generate pain, or cause injuries, thru June 30, 8:15-9:30, $95: 425-820-0399.
- Earn $130 if you are a man ages 18-69, needed for a vitamin study sponsored by the University of Washington Department of Epidemiology, lasts 14 months, blood drawn for analysis of vitamin levels: 206-616-1569.
- University of Washington Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55 or over with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.
- Franklin High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, September 10-12: 206-722-7525.
- Woodinville High School, Class of '89, 10-year reunion, July 31, Embassy Suites, Bellevue: 425-644-1044.
- Inglemoor High School, Class of '89, 10-year reunion, August 7, Hilton Hotel, Seattle: 425-644-1044.
- Inglemoor High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, August 21, Embassy Suites, Bellevue: 425-644-1044.
- Bothell High School, Class of '89, September 25, Bellevue Hilton: 425-644-1044.