August 2, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, August 4, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, August 4, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Eastside Mother's Club, August 5, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church, not church affiliated: 425-820-9173.
- New Life Adult Singles Group, August 6, 7pm, St. Thomas More Church Community: 425-673-0568.
- General Meeting of 1st Legislative District Democrats, August 9, 7:30pm, Ricketts Building in Bothell: 821-2015.
- Northshore School Board, August 10, 3:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, August 10, 11:30am: 481-8300.
- Woodinville Lions Club, August 10, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Redmond Chapter of LeTip International, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am, Fresh Choice Restaurant: 788-5671.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 481-2980.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Take Off Pounds Sensible at Tops, 9am, Emmanuel Presbyterian Church: 425-481-4481.
- Aikido, small group in Kenmore, meets Sun. 6:30-8pm, Tues. and Thurs. 7-8:30pm, $40 month: 425-806-0703.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 486-3256.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 398-8900.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 788-1185.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 333-4192.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Woodinville Country Garden Club, August 11, 9:30am-noon: 485-3089.
- Pacific Northwest Art Council's Annual Artist Garden Tour, $6-$12, Seattle Art Museum: 206-654-3121.
- Franklin High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, September 10-12: 206-722-7525.
- Inglemoor High School, Class of '89, 10-year reunion, August 7, Hilton Hotel, Seattle: 425-644-1044.
- Inglemoor High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, August 21, Embassy Suites, Bellevue: 425-644-1044.
- Bothell High School, Class of '89, September 25, Bellevue Hilton: 425-644-1044.
- Live Big Band Dances, Saturday Nights, Seattle Center House, 8-11pm, $5.
- Show 'n' Shine Competition, August 7-8, Harvey Field: 425-640-8820.
- 27th Annual Oldtimers' Picnic, August 24, 11am-2pm in the picnic area at Woodland Park Zoo, admission to zoo free, parking $3.50: 684-4951.
- Totem Lake Mall Sports Card and Beanie Baby Supershow, August 6-8, free admission: 425-252-6521.
- Lake City Salmon Bake, noon-7pm, August 6-7, Lake City Community Center: 362-4378.
- University District Farmers Market ripe for the picking, open 9am-2pm every Saturday until November 6, University Heights Center: 206-633-0124.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- The Greenbanks Artists, Art Show, and Sale, 10am-5pm at the Greenbank Farm and Winery on Whidbey Island, August 7-8: 360-678-0960.
- Learning and Sharing for Today's Caregivers, Everett Community College Parks Student Union Bldg.: 425-388-7377.
- The Feldenkrais Method, free yourself from physical mental habits that limit personal growth, Kirkland classes at Aikido Northshore, Wednesdays from 8:15-9:30pm from August 4-Sept. 8: 425-820-0399.
- Job Search workshop for those Age 55 and over, August 11, Seattle Center House Conference Room B, 9-11:30am: 684-0500.
- WSU Cooperative Extension in Snohomish County offers BASICS training on 8 consecutive Wed. at 6:30-9:15pm, August 13-October 6, Education Center in McCollum Park, $100: 425-357-6012.
- Northshore Senior Center, Flagger Training: 206-546-4562.
- August Exhibits for the Pacific Science Center: 13th Annual Bubble Festival, August 11-15; CBS This Morning Toy Test, through August 15; Tropical Butterfly House; Insect Village; Brain Games; Whales: Giants of the Deep; Mazes; make tracks to see "Wolves" at Pacific Science center IMAX, along with "Into the Deep" and "Everest:" 206-443-IMAX for IMAX Shows; 206-443-2850 for Laser Shows, and 206-443-2001 for general information at the Pacific Science Center.
- The Art of Puppetry, 250 choice puppets from the Alan Cook Collection, August 6-October 14, Everett Center for the Arts, free: 425-257-8380.
- Scary Fishes From Deep time, Burke Museum, through Jan. 30, 2000, $5.50/adult, $2.50/students: 206-543-5590.