August 23, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-788-1185.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, September 1, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425- 486-4966.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Seattle Symphony Chorales announces auditions Aug. 26, 6:30-9:30pm, Aug. 28-29, 10am-6pm, Aug. 30-31, 6:30-9:30pm: 206-215-4734.
- Auditions for youth actors for "Tall Tales From The Wild West" are Sept. 2, 7, 8, performances running Oct. 15-31: 206-232-2202.
- The Choir of the Sound is beginning their season with auditions Aug. 30-31 at Shoreline Community College, especially need tenors and basses: 206-528-9990.
- Driftwood Players, auditions for "Grease," Sat., Aug 28, 3-7, Sun., Aug. 29, 1-5, 200 Dayton, Edmonds. Appointments, 425-774-9600.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.
- The Eastside Legal Assistance Program will be sponsoring a free lecture on the Eastside. August 25th, Probate, 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m., at the Northshore Senior Center. For further information and to register, please call (425) 747-7274.
- Learning and Sharing for Today's Caregivers, Everett Community College, Parks Student Union Bldg.: 425-388-7377.
- WSU Cooperative Extension in Snohomish County offers BASICS training on 8 consecutive Wed. at 6:30-9:15pm, through October 6, Education Center in McCollum Park, $100: 425-357-6012.
- Northshore Senior Center, Flagger Training: 206-546-4562.
- Finn Hill Coop Preschool is now enrolling for fall of 1999, openings for ages 2 1/2 to 5: 425-485-1577.
- Northshore Coop Preschool is now enrolling for 1999-2000 school year, openings for ages 1 to 5:425-485-4860.
- Starry Nights Campout at the Children's Museum, August 28, 6-8pm, $3/non-members, $2.50/members: 258-1006.
- Redmond Parent Cooperative currently has space available in its late afternoon classes, 2:30-4:50pm, ages 3 to 4: 425-861-6480.
- The Art of Puppetry, 250 choice puppets from the Alan Cook Collection, through October 14, Everett Center for the Arts, free: 425-257-8380.
- Scary Fishes From Deep time, Burke Museum, through Jan. 30, 2000, $5.50/adult, $2.50/students: 206-543-5590.
- Woodinville Farmers' Market, every Saturday, 9-4 thru October. Woodinville City Hall, 13203 NE 175th, 425-485-1042.
- Earn $130 if you are a man ages 18-69, needed for study sponsored by the University of WA Department of Epidemiology, lasts 14 months, blood drawn for analysis of vitamin levels: 206-616-1569.
- An Ounce of Prevention, educational program, 1pm, August 19, Bethany on Broadway: 425-259-5508.
- Free Tours of Evergreen Hospital Medical Center's Family Maternity Center, August 31, 7-8pm: 425-899-3000.
- University of WA Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55+ with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.
- Franklin High School, Class of '79, 20-year reunion, September 10-12: 206-722-7525.
- Bothell High School, Class of '89, September 25, Bellevue Hilton: 425-644-1044.
- Roosevelt High School, Class of '59, 40-year reunion, September 24, Harbor Square in Edmonds: 425-771-4518.
- Senior Services Volunteer Transportation Programs needs drivers to transport elderly living in Northeast King County: 206-448-5740, 1-800-282-5815.
- Senior Citizens and adults with disabilities are in need of your assistance to remain independent in their own home, volunteer a couple of hours to drive, clean, or help with yard work, Volunteer Chore Services: 206-324-5247.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood, 1-800-266-4033.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information, 206-344-6417
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death, 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon/Alateen, support groups for families and friends of alcoholics: 625-0000.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226, or 339-3837.