September 13, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce Network Breakfast, Sept. 21, 7:30-9am, must RSVP: 481-8300.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Sept. 15, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 482-3200.
- Moms & Moppets, Sept. 21, 9-11:30am, $14/lesson, Eastside Foursquare Church: 425-488-2500.
- Woodinville Fire District, Sept. 21, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Woodinville Water District, Sept. 21, 7pm, 17238 Wood-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425- 486-4966.
- Woodinville Historical Society, Sept. 16, 7:30pm, Towne Bank,17530 132nd AVE NE: 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, Sept. 17, 1pm, Sammamish Valley Grange: 483-3200.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Sept. 16, 1pm, Redmond Senior Center: 425-821-7966.
- Evergreen Healthcare Board meeting, Sept. 20, 7pm, Evergreen Medical Center: 425-899-1881.
- East KingCo Rock Club, Sept. 26, 7pm children, 7:30pm adults, Fellowship Hall @ Rose Hill Presbyterian Church, 425-861-7050.
- Beardless Iris Summer Sale, Sept. 18-19, 9-6 Saturday, 11-5 Sunday, Lake Forest Park Mall: 206-762-5074, or 206-323-2310.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Snohomish Historical Society's Annual Tour of Homes, Sept. 19, 12-5pm, $10 Adults/$8 seniors and under fifteen: 360-568-5235 or 369-568-2526.
- Puget Sound Tai Chi & Kung Fu Festival, Sept. 19, 10am-4pm, Crossroads Community Center: 360-668-2607.
- Sports Card & Beanie Babies Supershow, Sept. 18-19, 11am-1pm, Factoria Mall: 360-653-5527.
- Zoo Centennial Birthday Party, Sept. 18, 9:30am-6pm, Woodland Park Zoo: 206-684-4800.
- TELOS open house, Sept. 20, 11am-2pm, Telos campus: 425-641-2462.
- Potters' sale, Sept. 16, 17, 9am-7pm, Sept. 18, 9am-6pm, Happy Valley Grange: 425-868-3989.
- Snohomish County Adult Flag Football League will beginn play Oct. 9: 360-794-0655.
- AAU Washington girls basketball fall league for girls in grades 4 through 12, Sept. 18 through Dec. 19: 425-670-8877.
- U-16 Fastpitch Softball Tryouts, Sept. 11, 11am-1pm, Marymoor Park Fields 4 and 5: 425-861-7500.
- Washington Park Arboretum seeks volunteers for fall school program, training sessions begin Sept. 27, Oct. 1, 4, 6, 10am: 206-543-8801.
- Equifriends Therapeutic Equestrian Program needs volunteers to help riders with disabilities and their horses as they learn to ride and receive therapy, Sept. 29, 6-9pm, 1-4pm: 425-337-1137.
- HOPWA provides support to people living with HIV/AIDS in Snohomish County, volunteer opportunities include food delivery, food preparation, bread baker, and buddy/mentor; training begins soon, call Teresa or Norm at 425-257-2111 or 888-240-8572 to register.
- Hospice volunteers with weekday availability are needed in communities throughout King and Snohomish Counties; volunteers provide aid for terminally ill patients, training begins October: 206-654-4244.