September 20, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Northshore School Board, Sept. 27, 7:30pm, auditorium: 489-6000.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson: 489-2700.
- Woodinville Lions Club Friday Pinochle, Sept. 24, 12:30pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Sept. 28, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Business Network International Totem Lake Chapter, Brown Bag Restaurant, Wednesdays, 7-8:30am: 425- 481-2980.
- East KingCo Rock Club, Sept. 26, 7pm child, 7:30pm adults, Fellowship Hall, Rose Hill Presbyterian Church: 425-861-7050.
- Clover Leaf Rebekah Lodge, pancakes, ham, eggs, juice, coffee, Sept. 25, 8-11am, 10116 WE 18th, Bothell: 488-8457 or 483-0236.
- Pondering Parenthood, informative class for couples considering a baby, Sept. 27, 1-9pm, Evergreen Medical Center: 425-899-3000.
- Stop Smoking, Sept. 27, 7-9pm, $10, Evergreen Medical Center: 425-899-3000.
- Deferred giving lecture, Sept. 22, 9:30-11am, Northshore Senior Center: 425-747-7274.
- Learning and Sharing for Today's Caregivers, Everett Community College Parks Student Union Bldg.: 425-388-7377.
- "Jack and the Beanstalk," a musical comedy for young audiences, Sept. 18-26, Everett's PUD Auditorium: 1-877-827-1100 or 425-827-3123.
- Nature at the Burke Museum, Sept. 25, 26, 10am-5pm, ages 6 and up, Burke Museum: 206-543-5590.
- Rajan Krishnaswami, cellist Mark Salman, pianist in recital, Sept. 26, 7pm, $18, Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall at Benaroya Hall: 206-215-4800.
- The Irish Tenors and Orchestra of the United Kingdom, Sept. 27, 7:30pm, Key Arena, $100-$50/reserved seating: 206-628-0888.
- The Art of Puppetry, 250 choice puppets from the Alan Cook Collection, through October 14, Everett Center for the Arts, free: 425-257-8380.
- Scary Fishes From Deep Time, Burke Museum, through Jan. 30, 2000, $5.50/adult, $2.50/students: 206-543-5590.
- England's Victorian Paintings, Sept. 18-Jan. 2, The Frye Art Museum: 206-622-9250.
- King County Art Gallery September Exhibition, Benjamin Wilkins black and white photography, Sept. 2-Oct. 1: 206-205-8592.
- Woodinville Farmers' Market, every Saturday, 9-4, thru October, Woodinville City Hall, 13203 NE 175th, 425-485-1042.
- First Aid for Coaches, Evergreen Hospital class for parents who coach recreational sports, Sept. 23, 7-8:30pm, $25, Kenmore Jr. High: 425-899-3000.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- Earn $130 if you are a man ages 18-69, needed for study sponsored by the University of WA Department of Epidemiology, lasts 14 months, blood drawn for analysis of vitamin levels: 206-616-1569.
- University of WA Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55+ with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Classic Wildlife Safari to Kenya, Sept. 24, 7:30pm, Free, Woodland Park Zoo: 206-233-2509.
- Catch The Crush, experience the harvest, and taste the wines. Wine Specials, food, music, arts & crafts displays, 14 wineries are involved, Sept. 25, 26, 10am-5pm, Tri-Cities Winery area: 266-4449.
- Artistry in Wood, Sept. 25, 10am-6pm, Sept. 27, 9am-4pm, $3 over 12/free under 12 years of age.
- Country Creation Craft and Gift Show, Sept. 24, 10am-9pm, Sept. 25, 10am-6pm, Sept. 26, 10am-4pm, Free, Evergreen State Fairgrounds, Monroe: 425-392-2922.
- Snohomish County Adult Flag Football League will begin play Oct. 9: 360-794-0655.
- Adult Volleyball players wanted to play in Europe. Sports for Youth Foundation is now accepting applications for the Adult Euro Volley Bash Volleyball Tour to Europe, Adults 21 and over who are accomplished volleyball players are wanted, deadline Oct. 1, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.