September 20, 1999
At the Library
More than 40 Northwest authors will be featured during the Author Showcase two-month series, bringing authors and readers together at all King County Library System branches. Contemporary authors of children's, young adult, and adult books will read from their works, share their own stories, answer questions from the audience, and sign books after their talks. Contact:206-684-6605.
Buy books at great prices at Bothell Regional Library. All books are donated by the public and proceeds from the sale are used to support programs at Bothell Regional Library. Volunteers are welcome; please call Betty Green at 425-483-0910.
New to KCLS Website (www.kcls.org): Business and Government Electronic Resources. This site provides access to statistics and information on local/national government, and national/world business and trade organizations.
KCLS presents Subscribe@theLibe, information on new titles in the collection, websites of interest, and events in your community.
For additional information, check the KCLS Website, www.kcls.org, or call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600.
Woodinville Library (788-0733)
- Author Suzanne Williams will read from her books, Secret Pal Surprises and Mommy Doesn't Know My Name, Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. Find out the stories behind her stories. For families.
- Learn about Ikebana, Japanese Flower Arranging, Sept. 23 from 7-9 pm. No experience necessary. Bring your own vase (dish type with app. 2" depth and 9" diameter), three branches (twice the diameter of the vase), three flowers (collectively equal to the size of the diameter of the vase), needle points (frog or Japanese kensan, available at Molbak's), and gardening or flower scissors. Register.
- Book discussion group, Sept. 25 from 10am-noon. This month's selection is The Children, by David Halberstam.
- Story Time, Ages 3 and up, Sept. 27, 28, 10:30am and 1:30pm.
- Story Time, Ages 2-3, Sept. 22, 28, 29, Oct. 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 9:30am.
- Mother Goose Story Time, ages 12-24 months, Sept. 22, 10:30am.
Bothell Regional Library (486-7811)
- Toddler Time, every Tuesday, 9:45a.m, ages 1 1/2-2 1/2.
- Preschool Story Time, every Wednesday, 9:30am. and 11am, ages 4-6.
Carnation Library (333-4398)
- Preschool Story Times, through Nov. 10, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30p.m. Join children's librarian Kathy Huber for stories, songs, games, and puppets. For ages 3 and up, or younger with an adult. Register.
- Fabulous Fairy Folk, Thursday, Sept. 23 at 4 p.m. Learn how to make a fairy tale figure and receive a blank booklet to write and illustrate a fairy tale of your own. Ages 4+.
Kenmore Library (486-8747)
- Kenmore Library Association Meeting, Sept. 28, 7:30pm.
Lake Forest Park Library (362-8860)
- Icky Boone's Nature Hunt, Sept 24, 7pm. In this interactive clown show, you go on a nature hunt.
- Food on the Oregon Trail discusses the food and diet of the past.
- Free beginner class on Microsoft Word and accessing the Web via Internet Explorer offered various days and times; call for more info.
- Toddler Story Times, Tuesdays, ages 2-3.
Sno Isle Bookmobile (360-659-8447)
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. SE, Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.