September 27, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Woodinville Water District, Oct. 5, 7pm, 17238 Wood-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, Oct. 5, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Moms and Moppets, opportunity for moms and children to come together and get to know others, ages newborn-5, Oct. 5, 9-11:30am, $4/session, Eastside Foursquare Church: 425-488-2500.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Oct. 6, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Oct. 6, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Oct. 7, 10am, private homes: 483-3200.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, Oct. 6, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- New Life Adult Singles Group, Oct. 1, 7pm, St. Thomas Community Church: 425-673-0568 or 425-745-6045.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Lady Stirling Chapter DAR, Oct. 5, Greenacres Mobile Park, 23825 15th SE, Bothell: 425-481-0679.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Teaching Parent Association, Oct. 4, 7pm, Woodinville Public Library: 425-739-8562.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Managing Anger and Social Skills for Kids, eight Tuesdays starting Oct. 5, $20/evening, Bellevue, 16150 NE 8th Street: 425-747-4937, ext. 340.
- Book-Ha-Ha features Bill Nye, Oct. 2, 6:30-9:30pm, $25/kids, $35/adults, Pacific Science Center: 206-461-8345.
- Ballot Issues in the November 1999 Elections, Oct. 2, 11:45am, Central Lutheran Church, Seattle: 425-747-5925 or 425-747-5924.
- Woodinville Farmers' Market, every Saturday, 9am-4pm thru October, Woodinville City Hall, 13203 NE 175th: 425-485-1042.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Maltby Elementary bake sale, Oct. 5-9, 10am-8pm, Maltby Community Club, 8711 206th St.: 425-485-0798.
- Michael Gurian talks about his new book, The Good Son, Oct. 1, 7pm, tickets $7, University Unitarian Church: 525-8400.
- Draft Horse and Mule Extravaganza, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, $7/Adult, Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe: 360-568-1289.
- Snohomish Saturday Market, Oct. 2, 10am-4pm, Snohomish High School commons and cafeteria: 360-568-4746.
- Imax Films, Oct. 1-29, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Laser Shows, Oct. 1-31, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Harvest Moon Ball, Fall Evening for singles, Oct. 8, 8pm-1am, Bellevue Hyatt: 206-243-8536.
- Goodwill Book Sale, Oct. 1-3, 1400 South Lane Street, Seattle:1-877-GIVE4GOOD.
- Diamond Dusters 18U Gold Girls Fastpitch Team looking for an experienced "A" level pitcher: 360-698-1192 or 360-613-5890.
- Fun Run, Oct. 3, 8-10:15am, Alki Beach Park, Alki Ave. SW and 60th Ave. SW in West Seattle: 206-287-4027.
- Snohomish County Adult Flag Football League will begin play Oct. 9: 360-794-0655.
- Scary Fishes From Deep Time, Burke Museum, through Jan. 30, 2000, $5.50/adult, $2.50/students: 206-543-5590.
- England's Victorian Paintings, Sept. 18-Jan. 2, The Frye Art Museum: 206-622-9250.
- King County Art Gallery September Exhibition, Benjamin Wilkins black and white photography, Sept. 2-Oct. 1: 206-205-8592.
- "Oliver," Sept. 30-Oct. 23, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sunday 2:30pm, Jane Addams Theatre: 206-363-2809.
- Help end domestic violence in our community by becoming a volunteer with the Eastside Domestic Violence Program, Oct. 2-27: 562-8840, ext. 229.
- Children's Response Center is holding a volunteer training on child trauma, Nov. 6, Overlake Hospital Center: 425-688-5130.
- Volunteer Chore Services, volunteers assist with chores such as housework, laundry, shopping, cooking, yard work, etc., 206-324-5247 or 800-499-5979.
- HOPWA provides support to people living with HIV/AIDS in Snohomish County, training begins soon, call Teresa or Norm at 425-257-2111 or 888-240-8572 to register.