October 4, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Strategies for your business success, Oct. 7, 7am-5pm, $55 Doubletree Hotel, Sea-Tac: 1-800-556-3231.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Oct. 26, 7pm, Water District Bldg: 788-5841.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Oct. 13, 6pm, West Coast Bellevue Hotel: 425-454-1643.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, Oct. 7, meeting 10am, program 11am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church: 425-788-5841.
- Eastside Mother's Club, Oct. 7, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 820-9073.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Oct. 8, 12:30pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Oct. 6, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Oct. 6, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, Oct. 6, Woodinville Water District Bldg.: 788-3635.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Divorce care weekly support group for people struggling through divorce or relationship breakup, Sundays, 9:30am, First Baptist Church: 425-787-7388.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425- 486-4966.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Wilderness Awareness School, Mondays, 7-9pm, Stone House Bookstore, Redmond: 425-788-1301.
- Free Job Search Workshops, Oct. 13, 9-11:30am, Seattle Center: 684-0500.
- Northshore Senior Center, Flagger Training: 206-546-4562.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Woodinville Farmers' Market, every Saturday, 9-4 thru October, Woodinville City Hall, 13203 NE 175th: 425-485-1042.
- Holiday Bazaar, Oct. 9, 9am-5pm, Inglemoor High School.
- Craft Fair to benefit Healing Hearts Ministries, Oct. 8, 10am-8pm, Oct. 9, 10am-5pm, Bastyr University: 425-483-7170.
- Robinswood Country Cottage Craft & Gift Show, Oct. 7-9, Thurs. 1am-7pm, Fri. 10am-7pm, Sat. 10am-4pm, free, Historical House at Robinswood Park: 425-392-2922.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Christina Quinn in a benefit for the Eastside Literacy Council, Oct. 15, 8pm, $2.0, Kirkland Performance Center: 425-893-9900.
- Marysville Rock & Gem Club, Oct. 9, 10, 10am-5pm, Marysville Junior High cafeteria: 425-568-2416.
- Farm Fair, Oct. 9,10, 11am-4pm, 410, 130th Place SE, Bellevue: 452-7688.
- National Women's Political Caucus, Oct. 4-15, Bothell Christian Science Reading Room: 425-742-6240.
- Greek Festival, Oct. 8, 12-9pm, Oct. 9, 10:30am-9p, Oct. 10, 12-7pm, St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, Seattle: 206-325-4347.
- Imax Films, Oct 1-29, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Laser Shows, Oct. 1-31, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Harvest Moon Ball, evening for singles, Oct. 8, 8pm-1am, Bellevue Hyatt-Regency Hotel: 206-243-8536.
- Goodwill book sale, Oct. 1-3, 1400 South Lane Street, Seattle: 1-877-GIVE4GOOD.
- Diamond Dusters 18U Gold Girls Fastpitch Team looking for an experienced "A" level pitcher: 360-698-1192 or 360-613-5890.
- Fun Run, Oct. 3, 8-10:15am, Alki Beach Park, Alki Ave SW and 60th AVE SW in West Seattle: 206-287-4027.
- Snohomish County Adult Flag Football League will begin play Oct. 9: 360-794-0655.
- Welsh Cymanfa Ganu, Oct. 10, 2:30pm, Lake City Presbyterian Church: 206-781-5272 or 206-367-2415.
- Everett Symphony season opening night, Oct. 8, 8pm, $10-$25, Everett Civic Auditorium: 425-257-8382.
- Scary Fishes From Deep Time, Burke Museum, through Jan. 30, 2000, $5.50/adult, $2.50/students: 206-543-5590.
- "The Sorcerer," Oct. 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, Fri. and Sat. 8pm, Sun. 2:30pm, $10-$15, PUD Auditorium: 425-303-8902.
- "Back to Bacchus," Oct. 2, 7:30pm, Oct. 3, 2pm, Studio East Theatre: 425-827-3123.
- "Murder in Swingtime," Saturday Evenings, Club Broadway Downtown Everett: 1-877-WED-KILL.
- Northwest Savoyards Musical Theatre Group, 10th anniversary fall program, Oct. 9-24, PUD auditorium, 2320 California St., Everett: 425-303-8902.
- "Oliver," Sept. 30-Oct. 23, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sunday 2:30pm, Jane Addams Theatre: 206-363-2809.
- Teatro Zinzanni, held over for last time through end of the year: 206-281-7788, ext. 700.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's: 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55-up with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.