October 11, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Eastside Genealogical Society Meeting, Oct. 14, 7:30pm, Bellevue Library.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary for Children's Hospital, Oct. 18, 1pm, Sammamish Valley Grange: 483-3200.
- Washington State Retired Teachers Association, Overlake Unit 16, Oct. 19, 10am, Mercer Island Community Center: 425-827-1249.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Oct. 26, 7pm, Water District Bldg: 788-5841.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Oct. 13, 6pm, West Coast Bellevue Hotel: 425-454-1643.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 438-0307.
- Norwegian Lanquage Classes, Mondays, Bothell Sons of Norway: 485-7595.
- Wilderness Awareness School, Mondays, 7-9pm, Stone House Bookstore, Redmond: 425-788-1301.
- Free Job Search Workshops, Oct. 13, 9-11:30am, Seattle Center House Conference Room B: 684-0500.
- Adult CPR, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Fifty-Five Alive, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Learning and Sharing for Today's Caregivers, Everett Community College Parks Student Union Bldg.: 425-388-7377.
- Northshore Senior Center, flagger training: 206-546-4562.
- Walk Through the New Testament Seminar, Jan. 24, 1-5:30pm, $20, Lake Forest Park Presbyterian Church: 206-364-2712.
- Woodinville Farmers' Market, every Saturday, 9-4, thru October. Woodinville City Hall, 13203 NE 175th: 425-485-1042.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Halloween Carnival for kids, Oct. 16, 10am-3pm, Shoreline Cooperative Preschool, 2545 NE 200th in the gym: 206-366-8164.
- Scare House, Oct. 13-31, Totem Lake Mall, $7 ($1 with can of food for Northwest Harvest), benefits Diabetes Assn.: www.blatherskyte.com.
- Heaven Scent Craft Fair, Oct. 14, 869-5433.
- Fall Craft Show, Oct. 14-16, 10am, 3549 W. Lake Sammamish Pkwy. SE, Bellevue.
- Reflections of Beauty 10th Craft Boutique, Oct. 14-17, 10am, 5506 215th St SW, Mountlake Terrace: 425-778-0772.
- Captive-Bred Reptile and Exotic Animal Expo, Oct. 16, 17, Puyallup Fairgrounds, Expo Hall: 206-363-9095.
- Skandia Ball, Oct. 16, 7pm-12am, Temple De Hirsch Sinai: 425-771-8283.
- Pop's Beanie Baby Show, Oct. 17, 9am-4pm, 300-112th Ave. SE, Bellevue: 503-655-9701.
- Fine Feathered Friends, a presentation on wetland birds, Oct. 16, 9:30-11:30am, McCollum Park, Everett: 425-316-8592.
- Christina Quinn in a benefit for the Eastside Literacy Council, Oct. 15, 8pm, $20, Kirkland Performance Center: 425-893-9900.
- Imax Films, Oct 1-29, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Laser Shows, Oct. 1-31, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Northwest Chamber Orchestra's Music in the Park Series, Oct. 17, 2:30pm at the Seattle Asian Art Museum auditorium: 206-343-0445.
- Scary Fishes From Deep Time, Burke Museum, through Jan. 30, 2000, $5.50/adult, $2.50/students: 206-543-5590.
- Howard/Mandville Gallery, Oct. 14-16, 10am-9pm, Reception, Oct. 16, 6-9pm, 120 Park Lane Kirkland: 425-889-8212.
- Olympic Ballet Theatre performs Choreography Showcase, Oct. 16, 3pm and 7:30pm, Everett Performing Arts Center, Oct. 17, 7:30pm, Broadway Performance Hall, $15/adults, $12/students and Seniors: 425-774-7570.
- Seattle Shakespeare Festival's production of "Much Ado About Nothing," through Oct. 31, Ethnic Cultural Theatre in the U. District: 206-286-0728.
- "The Sorcerer," Oct. 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, Fri. and Sat. 8pm, Sun. 2:30pm, $10-$15, PUD Auditorium, Everett: 425-303-8902.
- "Murder in Swingtime," Saturday Evenings, Club Broadway, Downtown Everett: 1-877-WED-KILL.
- Northwest Savoyards Musical Theatre Group fall program, Oct. 9-24, PUD auditorium, 2320 California St., Everett: 425-303-8902.
- "Oliver," through Oct. 23, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sunday 2:30pm, Jane Addams Theatre, Seattle: 206-363-2809.
- Teatro Zinzanni, held over for last time through end of the year: 206-281-7788, ext. 700.
- Divorce care weekly support group for people struggling through divorce or relationship breakup, Sundays, 9:30am, First Baptist Church: 425-787-7388.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- Earn $130 if you are a man ages 18-69, needed for study sponsored by the UW Department of Epidemiology, 14 months. Blood is drawn for analysis of vitamin levels: 206-616-1569.
- UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55+ with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.
- Auditions for "Rock the House," call Dale: 206-367-9000.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.