October 11, 1999
At the Library
For additional information, check the KCLS Website, www.kcls.org, or call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600.
Woodinville Library (788-0733)
- Make a Book of your own: Join Roberta Long and fashion a simple eight-page book using the medium of printmaking for cover and page illustrations, Oct. 16, 1pm, suitable for ages 5+.
- Story Time, through Oct. 26, Mondays, 10:30am and1:30pm, Tuesdays, 10:30am and 1:30pm, Ages 3+.
- Story Time, Oct. 5-20, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, 9:30am, Ages 2-3.
Bothell Regional Library (486-7811)
- Toddler Time, every Tuesday, 9:45a.m, ages 1 1/2-2 1/2.
- Preschool Story Time, every Wednesday, 9:30am. and 11am, ages 4-6.
- Learn all about mummies from a real mummy, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m.
- Teen Read Week presents Urban Legends and the Great Pumpkin Carve, Oct. 22 from 7:30 to 10pm.
Carnation Library (333-4398)
- Nina Beaumont, the author of some of the best Harelequin historical novels, speaks on Oct. 18, 7pm. Suitable for adults.
- Preschool Story Time, ages 3 and up, through Nov. 10, 10:30am and 1:30pm.
Duvall Library (788-1173)
- Professional printmaker Daniel Shurman will teach instant printmaking to young adults and adults, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m.
Fall City Library (222-5951)
- Judith Bentley, author of Dear Friends and Brides, discusses her interviews with famous people such as Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Oct. 20, 7pm.
Kenmore Library (486-8747)
- Toddler Time, 20-25 minutes of stories, rhymes, and songs, Wednesday, Oct. 13-Nov. 3, 9:30am. Suitable for ages 2-3 years.
- Preschool Story Time features stories, songs, and surprises, Oct. 13-Nov. 3, 11am. Suitable for ages 3-6 years.
- Nancy Radke tells why she loves writing romance novels and her new E-books that can be downloaded, Oct. 18, 7pm.
- Ms. Pickle and her friend Charlie will take children, ages 5-12, to far-off lands with stories, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m.
Kingsgate Library (821-7686)
- William Seil discusses his book Sherlock Holmes and the Titanic Tragedy, Oct. 19, 7:30pm.
- Toddler Time, Fridays, 10:30am, Oct. 1-29, Tuesdays, 11am, Ages 2-3.
- Preschool Story Time, Oct. 1-29, Fridays, 11:15am, Wednesdays, 10:30am.
- Citizenship Preparation Class. New students welcome Mondays at 7:30pm.
Lake Forest Park Library (362-8860)
- Ms. Pickle and her friend Charlie will take children, ages 5-12, to far-off lands with stories, Oct. 13 at 7 pm.
- Dance instructor introduces preschoolers to the world of creative movement and books, Oct. 15, 7pm. For ages 3-5.
- Ages 11+ can eat pizza and discuss hot titles, Oct. 13, 4pm.
- Students and families can find out how to find money for college, Oct. 13, 7pm.
- Toddler Story Times, Tuesdays, ages 2-3.
- Preschool Story Time, Tuesdays, ages 3-5.
- Computer basics, free beginner classes.
Sno Isle Bookmobile (360-659-8447)
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. SE, Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.