October 25, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Professional Nurses Continuing Education Group, Nov. 1, 7:30pm, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center: 425-488-7192.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Nov. 3, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Nov. 3, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, Nov. 3, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Oct. 29, 12:30pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Clover Leaf Rebekah Lodge, pancakes, ham, eggs, juice, coffee, Oct. 30, 8-11am, 10116 WE 185th Bothell: 488-8457 or 483-0236.
- Woodinville City Council, Nov. 1, 7pm: 489-2700.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Oct. 28, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Totem Lake Chapter of the Stroke Association, education through videos, speakers, and support through group discussions, Oct. 28, 1:30pm, Madison House Retirement: 425-821-8210.
- Woodinville Water District, Nov. 2, 7pm, 17238 Wood-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Woodinville Fire District, Nov. 2, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Brain Injury Association of WA, Nov. 2, 6:30-8:30pm: 425-895-0047, ext. 216.
- Eastside Women's Forum, Oct. 27, 6:45pm, Bellevue Club: 425-822-2359.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Divorce care weekly support group for people struggling through divorce or relationship breakup, Sundays, 9:30am, First Baptist Church: 425-787-7388.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Sammamish Symphony Orchestra's Halloween concert, Oct. 31, 2pm, $10/general admission, $7/seniors and students, $25/family pass, Eastlake performing arts center: 425-392-6011 or 206-517-7777.
- The King's Singers, Halloween concert, Oct. 30, 8pm, $17-$52, Benaroya Hall: 206-215-4747.
- Senior Halloween Dance, Oct. 29, 1-3pm, Seattle Center House: 684-0500.
- Halloween at Seattle Goodwill, eveything you need to put together a costume for little money, Oct. 30, 11am-2pm, all Seattle Goodwill stores: 206-329-1000.
- Seminar on retirement planning, Nov. 4, 6-7:30pm, The Columbia Winery: 425-487-0206.
- A seminar on Long-Term Care Insurance, Nov. 1, 7pm, Leota Jr. High School: 425-487-0206.
- Fall Mushroom Class, Oct. 28, 7:30-9pm, free, Lions Hall in Forest Park Everett: 425-257-8300.
- AED Training Classes, Dec. 9, 16, 6-10pm, 22002 26th Avenue SE, Suite 101, Bothell: 206-546-4562.
- Suspiciously Fishy, Scary Fishes From Deep Time exhibit, Nov. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, 10am-5pm, The Burke Museum: 206-543-5590.
- October Tales, Oct. 30, 11am, Ages 5-12, pre-registration is required, Washington Park Arboretum: 206-543-8801 .
- Overlake Service League puppet show "A Kid's Time Out," Oct. 25, 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 6:30pm, 2 cans of food or $1, Center Court Bellevue Square: 425-451-1175.
- Overlake Service League puppet show, "The Last Pumpkin," Oct. 25-30, Ages 3-8, Center Court in Bellevue Square: 425-451-1175.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Rebar Curlicues and Garden Supports Workshop, Oct. 30, 1-3pm, pre-registration required, $35, Bellevue Botanical Garden: 206-842-7053.
- Cabling and Bracing Trees, Oct. 28, 8:30-3pm, Graham Visitors Center: 206-685-8033.
- Woodinville Farmers' Market, every Saturday, 9-4, thru October, Woodinville City Hall, 13203 NE 175th: 425-485-1042.
- Foss Home and Village Holiday Bazaar, Nov. 5, 10am-4pm, Nov. 6, 10am-3pm, Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church: 206-364-1300.
- Holiday Craft Sale, Oct. 27, 10am-3pm, First United Methodist Church: 622-7278.
- Fall Festival of Crafts, 30+ local crafters, free kids craft area, Trick or Treating, Oct. 30, 9am-4pm, Lake Forest Park Montessori Academy: 425-814-3085.
- Bellevue Rock Club, Gem and Mineral Show, Oct. 23-24, 10am-5pm, free, Vasa Park.
- Seattle Sings "Messiah, Learn It With Lou," Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 7-9pm, First United Methodist Church Chapel: 206-622-7278.
- Dinosaurs: A journey Through Time, permanent exhibit, opens Nov. 26, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Brain Games, games that encourage problem solving and strategic thinking, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Mazes, a 3,000-square-foot maze, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Stories and Such, Nov. 9, 23, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Toy Test Results, Nov. 15-19, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- 26th Annual Model Railroad Show, Nov. 26-28, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, T-REX: Back to the Cretaceous, through Dec. 31, 10:30am, 11:45am, 1pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, EVEREST, through spring, 2:15, 6pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, Mark Twain's America in 3D, through Dec. 31, 7:15, 8:30pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Washington Dance Club, Monday night singles dance, $6, 1017 Stewart Street, Corner of Stewart and Boren: 206-628-8939 .
- Seattle Symphony celebrates a midnight millennium, Dec. 31, 6pm, Benaroya Hall: 206-215-4700.
- The Paperboys, Oct. 30, 8pm-12am, Seattle Art Museum: 206-654-3226.
- Imax Films, Oct 1-29, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Bellevue Opera presents "The Mikado," Oct. 29, 30, Nov. 5, 6, 8pm, Meydenbauer Center Theater, 11100 Northeast 6th Street in Bellevue.
- Sammamish Symphony's 8th Season, Oct. 31, 2pm, Eastlake Performing Arts Center: 425-392-3624 or 206-517-7777.
- Lake Union Civic Orchestra Celebrates Fall, Wagner, Vaughn Williams, Mozart, Oct. 30, 7:30pm, $5, children under 12 free, Shorecrest Performing Arts Center: 206-667-4783.
- "Jane Eyre," through Nov. 7, ACT 700 Union Street, reservations required: 206-216-0833.
- Seattle Shakespeare Festival's production of "Much Ado About Nothing," through Oct. 31, Ethnic Cultural Theatre in the U. District: 206-286-0728.