November 1, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Eastside Genealogical Society, Nov. 4, 6:30, Bellevue Library: 888-3947.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Nov. 3, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Nov. 3, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood Schoolhouse: 483-3200.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Norm's House in Cottage Lake Park, 7pm: 788-5841.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, Nov. 4, 10am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church: 425-788-5841.
- Evergreen Healthcare study session, Nov. 8, 6:15pm, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center, room Green B-204: 425-899-1881.
- Northshore School District School Board Meeting, Nov. 9, 3:30pm, Ricketts Auditorium.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Wetland Monitoring and Restoration Workshop, Nov. 6, 9am-1pm, Winters House, Bellevue: 425-452-2752.
- Salmon Recovery Workshop, Nov. 8, 7-8:30pm, Winters House, Bellevue: 425-452-2752
- Women and Investing, Nov. 9, 7-8:30pm, Woodinville Library: 425-788-0733.
- Seminar on retirement planning, Nov. 4, 6-7:30pm, The Columbia Winery: 425-487-0206.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Northwest Puppet Center, "The Enchanted Castle," Nov. 5-21, Northwest Puppet Center: 206-523-2579.
- Suspiciously Fishy, Scary Fishes From Deep Time exhibit, Nov. weekends, 10am-5pm, The Burke Museum: 206-543-5590.
- Country Creations Craft and Gift Show, Nov. 5-7, 10am, Evergreen State Fairgrounds: 425-392-2922
- Foss Home and Village Holiday Bazaar, Nov. 5, 10am-4pm, Nov. 6, 10am-3pm, Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church: 206-364-1300.
- Crafts on the Creek, Nov. 6, 10am-4pm, Tibbets Creek Manor, Issaquah: 425-222-6828.
- Hmong New Year Celebration, Nov. 5, 8-12pm, Nov. 6, 10-12pm, Seattle Center: 206-684-8582.
- Washington Stamp Show, Nov. 6-7, 10am, The Seattle Center: 425-882-3227.
- Brain Games, games that encourage problem solving and strategic thinking, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Mazes, a 3000 square foot maze, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- 26th Annual Model Railroad Show, Nov. 26-28, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, T-REX: Back to the Cretaceous, through Dec. 31, 10:30am, 11:45am, 1pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Seattle Symphony celebrate a midnight millennium, Dec. 31, 6pm, Benaroya Hall: 206-215-4700.
- Imax Films, Oct 1-29, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Laser Shows, Oct. 1-31, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Northwest Chamber Orchestra's Dvorzak in the Park, Nov. 7, 2:30pm, $12.50, Seattle Asian Art Museum: 206-343-0445.
- Bellevue Opera presents "The Mikado," Nov. 5, 6, 8pm, Meydenbauer Center Theater, 11100 Northeast 6th Street in Bellevue.
- Holiday Art Show, Nov. 2-Dec. 22, Mercer Island Gallery: 206-236-3545.
- The College Gallery at Shoreline Community College presents its permanent collections, through Dec. 17, 1000 Building at 16101 Greenwood Avenue North: 206-546-4101, ext. 4433.
The Black Cat Orchestra, "Dante's Inferno," Nov. 4-6, 11-14, $10-$12, 100 West Roy Street, Seattle: 206-217-9888.
- "Jane Eyre," through Nov. 7, ACT 700 Union Street, reservations required: 206-216-0833.
- "Murder in Swingtime," Saturday evenings, Club Broadway, Downtown Everett: 1-877-WED-KILL.
- UW Diabetes Care Center Open House, Nov. 9, 4-6:30pm, Hogness Auditorium, room A-420: 206-598-4977.
- Healing From Divorce, Nov. 8, 6-8pm, Mentor Health Northwest: 435-889-7130 or 425-889-7129.
- Cancer Support Group, first Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's library: 360-794-1411.
- Workshop on improving marital satisfaction after the baby arrives, looking for 50 expectant couples in Seattle metropolitan area: 206-543-4195.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- Earn $130 if you are a man ages 18-69, needed for study sponsored by the UW Department of Epidemiology, lasts 14 months, blood is drawn for analysis of vitamin levels: 206-616-1569.
- UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55+ with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.
- Auditions for Seattle Symphony Chorale, Nov. 3-4, 6:30-10pm, 4210 SW Hanford St., West Seattle: 206-215-4734.
- Auditions for "Rock the House," call Dale: 206-367-9000.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.
- Assist world travelers and locals by providing information about Snohomish County and the Northwest, locations in Everett, Marysville,Snohomish, and Boeing Tour Center: 338-4437.
- City of Kirkland needs volunteers to assist in fire safety and injury prevention, call Eileen Trentman: 425-803-1902.
- Senior Services Volunteer Transportation Programs needs drivers to transport elderly living in Northeast King County: 206-448-5740, 1-800-282-5815.