November 29, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, Dec. 1, 7pm, Woodinville Water District Bldg.: 788-3635.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Dec. 1, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Dec. 1, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, followed by sack lunch, Dec. 2, 10am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church, Bothell: 425-788-5841.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- The Choir of the Sound, Dec. 4-5, General/$16; $14/Seniors and Children, Shorecrest Performing Arts Center: 206-528-9990.
- Seattle Men's Chorus Holiday Concert, "Ye Merry Gentlemen," Dec. 5, 12, 13, 18, 19, Seattle's Benaroya Hall: 206-323-2992.
- "Visions of St. Nicholas," Dec. 4, 7:30pm, Dec. 5, 3pm, $12/Adults; $9/Students, Everett Peforming Arts Center: 425-257-8600.
- Santa Claus aboard the Lake Whatcom Railway's old passenger train, Dec. 4, 11, 18, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, $10/adults; $5/under 18, Lake Whatcom Railway: 360-595-2218.
- Holiday B&B Tour and Recipe Tasting, Dec. 5, 11am-5pm, Whidbey Island: 360-221-6765.
- Greens Galore, Dec. 4, 10am-4pm, Graham Visitors Center: 206-726-1954.
- Lake Washington Singers, Dec. 4, 7:30pm, Lake Washington United Methodist Church: 425-881-3041.
- Matt Messina conducts "A Christmas," Dec. 4, 11, 7:30pm, $18, Benaroya Hall: 206-285-4999.
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival, Dec. 1-23, Wednesday through Sundays, Cougar Mountain Zoo in Issaquah: 425-391-5508 or 392-6278.
- Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra, Dec. 13, 7pm, Wintergarden at Bellevue Place: 425-821-9880.
- Holiday Brunch, Dec. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 9-10am, Woodland Park Zoo: 206-684-4825.
- SAM Lights Up, candle lighting ceremony, Dec. 2, 5-7pm, SAM's Brotman Hall: 206-654-3100.
- "The Nutcracker," Dec. 4-19, 2pm, Bellevue, Everett and Edmonds: 425-774-7570.
- Christmas Country Craft Show, Dec. 3, 4, 10am, VASA Park Resort:
- Kenmore Elementry School's 25th annual arts and crafts fair, Dec. 4, 10am-4pm, Kenmore Elementry: 425-483-8045.
- Holiday Art Show, Dec. 3, 4, 5, 10am, Country Village Courtyard Hall: 425-487-3777.
- 19th annual TideFest fine arts and crafts sale, Dec. 4, 5, 10am-5pm, Gig Harbor High School: 851-6131.
- 10th Annual Snohomish Sampler, Dec. 1-4,: 360-563-0801.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Stories and Such, preschool story and craft program, Dec. 7, 11am, 1pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Laser Nutcracker and Laser Holiday Magic, Saturdays and Sundays, 1-4pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Information Night for Foster and Adoptive Parents, Dec. 1, 6:30-8:30pm, Bellevue Regional Library: 206-367-0463.
- Vashon Island Holiday Art Tour, Dec. 4, 5, 11, 12, 10am-5pm, free, Vashon Island: 206-463-1231.
- Bothell Sons of Norway, lutefisk and meatball dinner, Dec. 4, 12-6pm, adults/$13, 12 and under/$5, Bothell Sons of Norway Hall: 206-546-2962.
- IMAX Theater, "T-Rex: Back to the Cretaceous," through Dec. 31, 10:30am, 11:45am, 1pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, "Everest," through spring, 2:15, 6pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, "Mark Twain's America in 3D," through Dec. 31, 7:15, 8:30pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- The Evergreen Babysitters Club, Dec. 4, 9am-4pm, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center: 425-899-3000.
- AED Training Classes, Dec. 9, 16, 6-10pm, 22002 26th Avenue SE, Suite 101, Bothell: 206-546-4562.
- Wilderness Awareness School, Mondays, 7-9pm, Stone House Bookstore: 425-788-1301.
- The Sight of Music, over 30 photos of rock stars and celebrities, Dec. 1-Jan. 3, Galaxy Records: 425-487-0308.
- The Creative Spirit in Abstract Art, Holiday Art Sale, Dec. 3, 6-9pm, Old Downtown Redmond: 425-869-5421.
- Holiday Art Show, Through Dec. 22, Mercer Island Gallery: 206-236-3545.
- The College Gallery at Shoreline Community College presents its permanent collections, through Dec. 17, 1000 Building at 16101 Greenwood Avenue North: 206-546-4101, ext. 4433.
- "Citizen Scrooge," through Dec. 23, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 8pm/Saturdays and Fridays, 7pm/Sundays, the Market Theatre: 206-781-9273.
- "Black Nativity," gospel song play tells traditional story of Christmas, Dec. 1-26, Intiman: 206-269-1900.
- "Grease," Through Dec. 19, $16/general, $14/juniors and seniors, Wade James Theatre: 425-774-9600.
- "Murder in Swingtime," Saturday Evenings, Club Broadway Downtown Everett: 1-877-WED-KILL.
- Redwood Theatre auditions for "Steel Magnolias," Dec. 6, 7, 8-11pm, Redmond Senior Center: 206-525-3493.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.
- Radiant Hope Deppression Support Group, Mondays, 7-8:30pm, Overlake Hospital: 425-869-5433.
- Cancer Support Group, Tuesdays, 7-9pm, Northwest Oncology Center: 425-869-5433.