November 29, 1999
School district to discuss finances
The community is invited to attend a meeting on Dec. 9 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Bothell High School library to learn more about the Northshore School District's financial challenges that have recently been in the news. Information shared at the meeting will cover:
Plenty of time will follow the discussion for questions and answers.
- An overview of the district budget from 1996-97 to 1999-2000;
- Highlights of changing revenues for this same period of time;
- The impact of declining enrollment;
- An outline of the major expenses incurred from 1996 to the present;
- A look at the cost of Northshore staffing and who's paying the bill;
- A perspective on key decisions facing the district for the next two years.