December 6, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Dec. 15, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Leavenworth's Avenue of Lights, Dec. 11, 4:30pm, City of Leavenworth: 509-548-5807.
- Snohomish Historical Society Christmas Parlor Tour, Dec. 12, 12-4pm, $10/Adults, $8/under 15, Snohomish area: 360-568-2526 or 360-568-5235.
- Season of Light production of Acting Up For Christmas, Dec. 10, 11, 12, 14434 NE 8th street in Bellevue: 425-747-6750.
- Holiday Celebration, Dec. 11, 11am-2pm, Seattle Goodwill: 206-329-1000.
- Santa Claus aboard the Lake Whatcom Railway's old passenger train, Dec. 11, 18, 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, $10/adults, $5/under 18, Lake Whatcom Railway: 360-595-2218.
- Issaquah Reindeer Festival, through Dec. 23, Wednesday through Sunday, Cougar Mountain Zoo in Issaquah: 425-391-5508 or 392-6278.
- Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra, Dec. 13, 7pm, Wintergarden at Bellevue Place: 425-821-9880.
- Holiday Brunch, Dec.11, 12, 18, 19, 9-10am, Woodland Park Zoo: 206-684-4825.
- "The Nutcracker," through Dec. 19, 2pm, Bellevue, Everett, and Edmonds: 425-774-7570.
- Laser Nutcracker and Laser Holiday Magic, Saturdays and Sundays, 1-4pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Vashon Island Holiday Art Tour, Dec. 11, 12, 10am-5pm, free, Vashon Island: 206-463-1231.
- Fifty-Five Alive, driving class for seniors, Dec. 13, 14, 9am-1pm, $8, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-411.
- Children's Holiday Market, Dec. 11, 8-11am, Naval Station, Everett.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- How to Put Spiritual Values Back Into Christmas, Dec. 11, 10:30am, Christian Science Reading Room at 10110 Main Street, Bothell: 425-742-6240.
- Seattle Indians Hockey Team vs. Dynamo-Energio from the Russian Super League, tickets at Lynwood Play-It-Again-Sports, Dec. 11, 12, 5:30pm, $10/adults, $5/under 18, Sno-King Arena in Lynnwood.
- Ski Valley Men's Winter Basketball Leagues begin Jan. 9, Monroe Junior High School, 360-794-0655.
- Baseball Hitting Academy, Don Long, Phillies minor league hitting coordinator, reservations required, December, 206-953-9602.
- Holiday Art Show, through Dec. 22, Mercer Island Gallery: 206-236-3545.
- The College Gallery at Shoreline Community College presents its permanent collections, through Dec. 17, 1000 Building at 16101 Greenwood Avenue North: 206-546-4101, ext. 4433.
- Owen Meany's Christmas Pageant by John Irving, Dec. 3-23, North Seattle Community College's Stage One Theatre: 206-216-0833.
- "Free to be...You and Me," stage adaption of book, Dec. 9-11, Village Theatre's First Stage, 120 Front Street North in Issaquah: 425-392-2202.
- "Citizen Scrooge," through Dec. 23, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 8pm/Saturdays and Fridays, 7pm/Sundays, the Market Theatre: 206-781-9273.