Northwest NEWS

December 6, 1999

Valley Special

Board members needed for City of Carnation

   Multiple vacancies currently exist on the following Carnation City Boards:

   Planning Board: three positions need to be filled as soon as possible. Duties include the study of land use issues for the development and protection of open space in the city, and making policy recommendations to the City Council. Positions are open to Carnation residents.

   Park Board: members make recommendations to the City Council on how the City's parks should be further developed and the kind of activities that should take priorities.

   Police Advisory Board: seven positions available. Board members interface with the community and advise the Council and Police Department on improving services, communications, and identifiying public satety concerns.

   Please apply at Carnation City Hall, or call (425) 333-4192 for an application. Though most of the boards require city residence, some positions are open to non-residents.