December 20, 1999
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Northshore School Board, Dec. 27, 7:30pm, Bothell Way NE (in auditorium): 489-6000.
- Equestrians' Institute to hold annual meeting and awards presentation, Jan. 16, 2-5pm, Redmond Inn: 425-227-0218.
- East KingCo Rock Club, Dec. 27, 7pm children, 7:30pm adults, Fellowship Hall at Presbyterian Church: 425-861-7050.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Dec. 28, 7pm, Water District: 788-5841.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Dec. 28, 7pm, 19009 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Friday Pinochle, Dec. 24, 12:30pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Clover Leaf Rebekah Lodge, Dec. 25, 8-11am, 10116 WE 185th Bothell: 488-8457 or 483-0236.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Wilderness Awareness School, Mondays, 7-9pm, Stone House Bookstore: 425-788-1301.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Laser Nutcracker and Laser Holiday Magic, Saturdays and Sundays, 1-4pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Brain Games that encourage problem solving and strategic thinking, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Mazes, a 3,000-square-foot maze, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, T-REX: Back to the Cretaceous, through Dec. 31, 10:30am, 11:45am, 1pm, 3:30pm, 4:45pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, EVEREST, through spring, 2:15, 6pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- IMAX Theater, Mark Twain's America in 3D, through Dec. 31, 7:15, 8:30pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2879.
- Washington Dance Club, Monday night singles dance, $6, 1017 Stewart Street, corner of Stewart and Boren: 206-628-8939.
- Seattle Symphony celebrates a midnight millenium, Dec. 31, 6pm, Benaroya Hall: 206-215-4700.
- Elite girls basketball program looking for players, grades 4 through 8 are welcome, Bill Newton: 425-259-7282.
- AAU Washington Girls Basketball 11th Annual Winter League, Jan. 1-March 11: 425-670-8877.
- Bellevue Community College Spring Training Baseball Camps, Feb. $50, Ages 9-18: 425-641-2356.
- Cancer Support Group, First Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- Radiant Hope Depression Support Group, Mondays, 7-8:30pm, Overlake Hospital: 425-869-5433.
- Cancer Support Group, Tuesdays, 7-9pm, Northwest Oncology Center: 425-869-5433.
- Northshore Chamber of Commerce, learn ins and outs of making a business run, office management and event planning, Jessica Roberts: 425-486-1245.
- The Crisis Clinic of Seattle/King County is recruiting volunteers to answer the 24-hour crisis phone line: 206-461-3210.
- The American Cancer Society looking for volunteers for Relay for Life, Puget Sound Area: 1-800-729-5588.
- Providence Sexual Assault Center is looking for people who want to volunteer, beginning Feb. 8, 2000 for 55 hours of training in advocating for sexual assault survivors; to receive your application packet: 425-258-7969.
- Share Snohomish County Information with Travelers, looking for volunteers, Everett, Marysville, Snohomish, Boeing Tour Center: 425-338-4437.
- Assist World Travelers and locals by providing information and direction to areas in Snohomish County and the Northwest, locations in Everett, Marysville, Snohomish, and Boeing Tour Center: 425-338-4437.
- Reach for the stars, volunteer chore services "Bringing Community Home," need people to do minor home repairs, yard work, shopping, transportation, laundry, meal preparation, housekeeping: 425-562-6864.
- City of Kirkland needs volunteers to assist in fire safety and injury prevention; Eileen Trentman: 425-803-1902.