January 3, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Adoption information meeting, Jan. 11, 7pm, 1818 Westlake Ave. North Suite 224: 206-284-6510.
- Washington State obedience training club, Jan. 10, 12, Ballard: 206-784-8026, pre-registration is required.
- Cascade Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Jan. 12, 10:30am, West Coast Bellevue Hotel: 425-454-1643.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, Jan. 5, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, Jan. 5, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Jan. 5, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, Jan. 6, meeting 10am, program 11am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church, Bothell: 425-788-5841.
- Eastside Mothers Club, Jan. 6, 7:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 425-820-9073.
- New Life Adult Singles Group, Jan. 7, 7pm, St. Thomas Moore Church: 425-673-0568 or 425-745-6045.
- General Mtg. of 1st legislative District Democrats, Jan. 10, 7:30pm, Ricketts Bldg., Bothell: 821-2015.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Jan. 11, 7pm, Water District Bldg.: 788-5841.
- Northshore School Board, Jan. 11, 3:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 11, 11:30am: 481-8300.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Jan. 11, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Equestrians' institute annual meeting and awards presentation, Jan 16, 2-5pm, Redmond Inn: 425-227-0218.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30pm, Olive Garden Restaurant: 425-820-2845, fax 425-486-7593.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society's family history writing group, every Thursday, 1-3pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Marketing Strategies for the New Millennium, Jan. 12 & 19, 7:30-9pm, reservation required, Lake Washington School District: 425-885-4014.
- Permanency Planning Information Night, for foster and adopt families, 6-8pm, Jan. 10, Lutheran Social Services: 206-694-5713.
- ACT assesment test, Feb. 12, $22, Registration postmark deadline is Jan. 7, www.act.org.
- Wilderness Awareness School, Mondays, 7-9pm, Stone House Bookstore: 425-788-1301.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- "Stories and Such, "Jan. 18, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2819.
- "Fantasia 2000," through April 30, daily, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm, Fridays and Saturdays also at 10:30pm, $9-$10, Pacific Science Center: 443-2879.
- Bellevue Community College Annual Spring Training Baseball Camps begin in February, specialized skill sessions for ages 9-18. $50: 425-641-2356.
- Experience the challenge of rock climbing, Level 1 Intro-climbing Wednesday, 6-8pm, Saturday 10am-12pm, youth climbing series, Wednesday, 4-5:30,$40-$70, Redmond Vertical World Indoor Rock Climbing Gym: 425-881-8826.
- Elite girls basketball program looking for players, for grades 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th, Bill Newton: 425-259-7282.
- AAU Washington Girls Basketball 11th Annual Winter League, through March 11: 425-670-8877.
- Bellevue Community College Spring Training Baseball Camps, Feb. $50, Ages 9-18: 425-641-2356.
- Ski Valley Men's Winter Basketball Leagues begin, Jan. 9, Monroe Junior High School, 360-794-0655.