January 10, 2000
Cascadia announces winter classes
Cascadia Community College is offering more than 150 classes during its Winter 2000 Lifelong Learning program.
The non-credit classes, which are offered at various dates, times, and locations beginning mid-January 2000, cover topics such as art, computers, dance, crafts, food, hobbies, home improvement, languages, travel, and writing. Scheduled throughout the college's service area, the classes are a result of partnerships with the Northshore School District, Northshore Senior Center, Evergreen Healthcare, Lake Washington Technical College, Lake Washington School District, and Riverview School District.
The Winter 2000 Cascadia courses are designed to offer residents of northeast King and southeast Snohomish Counties an opportunity to take affordable classes near their homes that will enrich their personal and professional lives. For a complete listing of classes and registration information, visit the college's website at http://www.cascadia.ctc.edu, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, stop by the college's temporary offices in Bothell at 19017 120th Avenue NE, Suite 102, or call 425-398-6385.
The scheduled classes include:
- Introduction to Painting (Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Jan. 19-March 15 at Timbercrest Junior High);
- Beginning Sign Language (Thursdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Jan. 20-March 16 at Kenmore Junior High);
- Entering the Internet (Mondays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Jan. 24-Feb. 28 at Leota Junior High);
- Swing 1 (Tuesdays, 6-7 p.m., Jan 18.-Feb. 22 at Hollywood Schoolhouse);
- Basic Drawing (Wednesdays, 6:30-9 p.m., Jan. 19-March 15 at Cedarcrest High);
- Photography: Basic Camera (Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Jan. 18-March 14 at Cedarcrest High);
- Writing Books for Children (Tuesdays, 7-10 p.m., Jan 18-March 7 at Lake Washington Technical College);
- Beginning T'ai Chi Ch'uan (Wednesdays, 7-8:30 p.m., Feb. 2-March 29 at Redmond Junior High);
- Outdoor Leadership (Thursdays, 6-9 p.m., Jan 27-Feb. 17 at Kamiakin Junior High);
- Wine Appreciation (Tuesdays, 6:30-9 p.m., Feb. 22-March 7 at Columbia Winery); and
- French Cooking Techniques (Wednesdays, 7-9 p.m., March 1-15 at Inglewood Junior High).