January 10, 2000
Benefit literary reading set for Friends of Cherry Valley
The "Inducers of Insanity," a group of local young writers, will be holding a benefit literary reading on Saturday, January 29, at 7 p.m. at Cherry Gardens Community Club to defray the legal expenses of Friends of Cherry Valley.
Friends of Cherry Valley was formed last spring to oppose a rock quarry planned for the area.
Local writer Katherine Bond, leader of the literary group, has been involved with Friends of Cherry Valley and needs the following for the event:
The group has some extremely gifted poets (one has recently landed a book contract though he is only 12) and some short story writers and humorists. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Slides of the Valley, expecially images of McCauley Falls or anything that will be affected by the quarry, such as wildlife, trees, storms, rain, and the river. They will be cared for and returned.
- Slide projector and screen.
- Cafe tables and extra chairs, tablecloths, table lamps, candles in holders.
- Hors d'ouevres and desserts. The group wants to include good food in the ticket price, but needs some cooks or businesses who could help.
- Pre-sales of tickets. Businesses could help.
- Help putting up flyers.