January 17, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Eastside Woman's Forum, Network Breakfast, Jan. 26, 6:45am, Bellevue Club: 425-517-7788.
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Jan. 20, 1pm, Redmond Senior Center: 425-821-7966 or 425-881-2151.
- Woodinville Historical Society, Jan. 20, 7:30pm, Towne Bank: 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, Jan. 21, 1pm, Sammamish Valley Grange: 483-3200.
- Northshore School Board, Jan. 24, 7:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way, NE: 489-6000.
- East KingCo Rock Club, Jan. 24, 7pm/child 7:30pm/adults, Fellowship Hall at Presbyterian Church: 425-861-7050.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Jan. 25, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-5841.
- Woodinville Lion's Club, Jan. 25, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Jan. 19, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall City Council, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- 4th annual Will Rogers Saddle Company's Bullriders' Challenge 2000, Jan. 21-22, 8pm, Evergreen State Fairgrounds: 360-568-2355 or 425-344-4385.
- A community's Response to the Holocaust: Rescue and Resistance on the Plateau Vivarais-Lignon, Jan. 20, 7pm, Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park: 425-712-0105.
- Reaching Home: Pacific Salmon, Pacific People, Jan. 20, 7pm, Northwest Stream Center: 425-316-8592.
- 2000 GMC Tacoma Home and Garden Show, Jan. 26-30, Tacoma Dome: 253-756-2121.
- Washington Dance Club, Monday night singles dance, $6, 1017 Stewart Street, Corner of Stewart and Boren: 206-628-8939 .
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Living Trust, Jan. 26, 9:30-11am, Northshore Senior Center: 425-747-7274.
- SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business, 8am-4pm, $55, SBA/SCORE Business Enterprise Center: 206-553-7320 or 1-877-SEA-SCORE.
- Bothell Sons of Norway is offering Norwegian lanquage classes at all levels. For further information: 425-485-7595.
- Bellevue Community College Annual Spring Training Baseball Camps begin in February: Specialized Skill sessions for ages 9-18. $50: 425-641-2356.
- Experience the Challenge of Rock Climbing, Level 1 Intro-climbing Wednesday, 6-8pm, Saturday 10am-12pm, youth climbing series, Wednesday, 4-5:30,$40-$70, Redmond Verticall World Indoor Rock Climbing Gym: 425-881-8826.
- Elite girls basketball program looking for players, grades 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th are welcome, Bill Newton: 425-259-7282.
- Everett Symphony Orchestra, Jan. 21, 8pm, $10-$25, Everett Civic Auditorium: 425-257-8382.
- Northwest Chamber Orchestra Series Concert 4, Jan. 22, 8pm, Jan. 23, 2:30pm, Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall at Benaroya Hall, Third and Union: 206-343-0445.
- The Frode Gjerstad Trio, Jan. 27, $8/Earshot Jazz members, $10/general, OK Hotel: 206-547-6763.