January 31, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Feb. 2, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, Feb. 3, 10am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church: 425-788-5841.
- Eastside Mothers Club, Feb. 3, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 425-820-9073.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Feb. 8, 7pm, fire station behind Safeway: 788-5841.
- Lake Forest Park Garden Club, Feb. 8, 9:30am, Lake Forest Park Towne Centre: 206-365-6334.
- Northshore School Board, Feb. 8, 3:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Feb. 8, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- First Aid for Coaches, Feb. 5, 9am-noon, $30, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center: 425-899-3000.
- Adult CPR class, Feb. 7, 6:30-9:30pm, $7, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Fifty-Five Alive driving class, for seniors, Feb. 7, 8, 1pm, $10, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Working It Out, the art of effective people communication, Feb. 10, 6:30-8:30pm, $20, registration required, Mentor Health Northwest: 425-889-7130.
- Meditation Class, Feb. 6, 1-3:30pm, CDM Psychic Institute: 206-258-1449.
- Bothell Sons of Norway is offering Norwegian lanquage classes at all levels. For further information: 425-485-7595.
- "Wind of a Thousand Tales," Village Theatre's Kidstage Company's first production, Feb. 4-6, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-8600.
- Garfield High School, Class of 1950 reunion, June 3-4, 10am, Garfield High School: 253-383-1727 or 206-463-3192.
- "Stories and Such," Feb. 8, 22, 11am, 1pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- "Up in the Sky," Feb. 1-29, 11am, Saturdays and Sundays, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- "Fantasia 2000," IMAX Theatre, through April 30, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- "Music From the Heart," Feb. 6, 3pm, Meany Hall U.W. Campus: 206-528-6878.
- Tim Noah benefit concert, Feb. 5, 1pm, $8-$12, Everett Civic Auditorium
- Selections by Spanish Composers, Feb. 3, 12:10pm, Seattle Art Museum: 206-365-7195 or 206-283-6284.
- Dances from the Heart, Cameo/Carrabba Dance Theatre, Feb. 6, 2pm, 5pm, $13, Shorecrest Performing Arts Center: 206-528-8183.
- The Art of Basketry, through Feb. 10, 5-8pm, Everett Center for the Arts: 425-257-8380.
- The Year of The Dragon, Feb. 10-March 10, 6-9pm, art concepts of Kirkland: 425-822-8475.
- "Steel Magnolias," through Feb.19, Fri. and Sat. 8pm, Sun. 2pm, Redmond Sr. Center: 206-525-3493.
- "Stop Kiss," off-Broadway hit, through March 4, Seattle Repertory Theatre: 206-443-2229.
- "Murder in Swingtime," Saturday evenings, Club Broadway, Downtown Everett: 1-877-WED-KILL.
- Transitions, cancer and chronic disease awareness group of Valley General Hospital, Feb. 1, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Cancer Support Group, first Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- UW and Harborview Medical Center, national study to determine whether the antibiotic azithromycin decreases the risk of future heart attack or other heart disease complications. You are eligible for screening if you have had one or more heart attacks, bypass surgery, balloon angioplasty, stent placement, or cardiac catheterization that showed significant blockage of coronary arteries: 206-731-4385.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- Earn $130 if you are a man ages 18-69, needed for study sponsored by the UW Department of Epidemiology. It lasts 14 months. Blood is drawn for analysis of vitamin levels: 206-616-1569.
- UW Alzheimer's Disease Research Center looking for healthy people age 55+ with early memory loss to participate in drug studies: 206-764-2069.